SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New HRRR shows the lighter returns/dry slot moving into extreme SEPA between 630-8am. By 10ish it fills back in as everything starts to pivot and then it's CCB time :-)

So a brief lull as was actually pretty well-modeled and then heavier snows fill back in and last remainder of afternoon. Waiting on qpf to see if still as insane.

New HRRR shows the lighter returns/dry slot moving into extreme SEPA between 630-8am. By 10ish it fills back in as everything starts to pivot and then it's CCB time :-)

So a brief lull as was actually pretty well-modeled and then heavier snows fill back in and last remainder of afternoon. Waiting on qpf to see if still as insane.

Yep..this was predicted AKA "power snooze" time.

It's windy and snowing like hell out there right now. Would really like to see daylight...

Pieces of siding peeling of my house man the house is just shaking and rattling looks like 10" or so here 3 foot snow difts 22 degrees mod snow blowing snow gusts 35-45

Whoa!!! Not good on the house damage.

Anyway, wind is intensifying up here as well, but not to that extent...yet. My last measurement about a half hour ago was 6.75", so it's a good bet that I'm at or over 7" by now. If the wind really ramps up like it's doing down there, I don't know if I'll be able to get accurate measurements.

Whoa!!! Not good on the house damage.

Anyway, wind is intensifying up here as well, but not to that extent...yet. My last measurement about a half hour ago was 6.75", so it's a good bet that I'm at or over 7" by now. If the wind really ramps up like it's doing down there, I don't know if I'll be able to get accurate measurements.

Thinking very strong winds in the dry slot with the subsidence getting inti the slot here winds are gusting insanely.

qpf yet?

As of 3 am, we have 3.0" here in Metuchen, which translates to 1.75" in the past 3 hours or about 0.6" per hour.  Just got in from my first shoveling and it's snowing moderately.  It is absolutely beautiful out there - love the perfect silence of a pristine snowfall in the wee hours of the morning.  Might nap for a couple of hours now, as I'm beat...

As of 6:30 am, we have 7.5" (average of about 20 measurements, which is needed when it's this windy) on the ground, which means we've been getting over an inch per hour since 3 am (4.5" in 3.5 hrs). Took me about 45 minutes for shovel #2 and it was ripping 30-40 dBZ for part of that time, with <1/4 mile visibility, i.e., heavy snow. 23F out there.  Damn it's gorgeous and now the sun's coming up, so we all get to see it better now.  

Archived