Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of 3 am, we have 3.0" here in Metuchen, which translates to 1.75" in the past 3 hours or about 0.6" per hour.  Just got in from my first shoveling and it's snowing moderately.  It is absolutely beautiful out there - love the perfect silence of a pristine snowfall in the wee hours of the morning.  Might nap for a couple of hours now, as I'm beat...

Almost 6" on the ground here in Palmyra, NJ (right across the Tacony-Palmyra bridge obviously).

Is it unreasonable I'm sad that PHL might dry slot? Heaviest band looks like it sets up over NW burbs and CNJ on latest modeling.

Yes, it is unreasonable. Stop focusing on the models, watch the radar and just enjoy the storm.

Check t the 3 hour pressure drop at 2 am...they had to stretch the scale to accommodate it, lol. It's also a bit east from where it's been the last few hours.

You can see it up to date here:

http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sfc_con.php?image=3p&inv=0&t=cur

That's nuts

Considerable drifting here in National Park NJ

I want to go to bed, but that Dover radar has me so intrigued

I know....don't want to miss anything. But I also want to be able to enjoy the daylight hours! Tough but pleasant challenge.

I definitely want to see daybreak with this going on! Maybe a power-snooze then continue....

These are difficult life decisions for sure...

Every time I lie down, the wind cranks and I pop my head up to check out the snowlight...

NUTS!!

Lol....a power snooze sounds like the answer. This is unbelievable :lmao:

I did the "power snooze" from 9-11pm last night...it worked out. I'll check out the radar and when I see maybe a bit of a break....yep, power-snooze again. Definitely want to see daybreak, no doubt about it.

22.1F Blinding snows/wind...you name it.

Archived