Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres still a ton of moisture rotating around the CCB from Long Island. That is all headed this way. The low is moving out to sea much slower then modeled. 

Trying to get some of that band-lovin' here.  The snow is picking up a little again though.  Temps still holding in the 25 - 26F range with N winds 10-15 mph.  I think NE Philly will be getting that shortly!

On the larger scale, I agree; this thing is in no hurry to move out. That said, I wonder if the party is coming to an end for Lehigh/Northampton soon.

Yeah i think the fat lady is about to sing her final note in an hour or less. People are digging their cars out at my apts, just to get it all plowed back in tomorrow morning. :facepalm:

Wow so a new all time record, right?

Ayup: http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=ABE&product=RER&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

SXUS71 KPHI 240029

RERABE

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

0728 PM EST SAT JAN 23 2016

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET TODAY AT ALLENTOWN PA AS WELL

AS THE ALL TIME RECORD STORM TOTAL FOR 1 AND 2 "CALENDAR" DAY

STORMS...

A RECORD DAILY SNOWFALL OF 30.0 INCHES WAS SET AT ALLENTOWN PA

TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 7.7 SET IN 1966.

THIS AMOUNT MAY INCREASE A BIT FURTHER AND A FINAL UPDATED RECORD

EVENT REPORT WILL POST AROUND 135 AM SUNDAY.

THIS IS AN ALL TIME RECORD EVENT FOR A 1 DAY OR 2 CALENDAR DAY STORM.

THE PREVIOUS RECORD FOR A ONE DAY STORM WAS 24.0 INCHES FEBRUARY 11,

1983. THE PRIOR RECORD TWO CALENDAR DAY TOTAL WAS 25.6 INCHES

JANUARY 7-8, 1996.

THIS STORM HAS SO FAR A TWO CALENDAR DAY TOTAL OF 31.7 INCHES.

BY THE WAY, THE NORMAL SEASONAL SNOWFALL FOR ALLENTOWN IS 32.9

INCHES...SO THIS STORM HAS BASICALLY PRODUCED ALMOST A SEASONAL

SNOWFALL WITHIN 23 HOURS!

$

DRAG ..THIS UPDATE CLARIFIES SOME WORDING IN THIS RECORD EVENT

REPORT..

NE Philly got a tad screw job. Anyone have my total? There's no place near me to measure. We had multiple dry slots all day. Even this evening, that NYC stuff is going to miss us E a bit. I hate complaining during a Historic storm, but I bet I only got like 16" or so, compared to 30" in Warminster for example. 

NE Philly got a tad screw job. Anyone have my total? There's no place near me to measure. We had multiple dry slots all day. Even this evening, that NYC stuff is going to miss us E a bit. I hate complaining during a Historic storm, but I bet I only got like 16" or so, compared to 30" in Warminster for example. 

This was a bear to measure, but I did my best in 6hr increments and so far have reported 20".

Good size dry slot hole forming over central Montco headed my way.  Looks like the whole thing may be winding down although there is a nice band just south of Allentown that maybe will hold together but will have to see.

Winds have dropped off considerably - now light to moderate out of the N. Temps steady 25.7F.

Did you cash in on the last bands that came through after 7:00pm? Up here in lower bucks county we did. Kinda made up for the dryslot, death metal bands are a gift and and boy did the north and western burbs cash in.

Archived