SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

waiting patiently for ABE's official report coming after 7pm for the preceding six hours.  Since recording 21.2" at 1pm, ABE has observed five straight hours of heavy snow with max visibility of 0.25 miles.  Most of that time has been spent under the death band when it was at its most potent.  If they don't have 33" total at 7pm, I would be stunned.

waiting patiently for ABE's official report coming after 7pm for the preceding six hours.  Since recording 21.2" at 1pm, ABE has observed five straight hours of heavy snow with max visibility of 0.25 miles.  Most of that time has been spent under the death band when it was at its most potent.  If they don't have 33" total at 7pm, I would be stunned.

They at least have this RER that was posted -

SXUS71 KPHI 232147
RERABE

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
0448 PM EST SAT JAN 23 2016

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET TODAY AT ALLENTOWN PA...

A RECORD SNOWFALL OF 19.5 INCHES WAS SET AT ALLENTOWN PA TODAY. THIS
BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 7.7 SET IN 1966.

THIS AMOUNT WILL INCREASE CONSIDERABLY AND A FINAL UPDATED RECORD
EVENT REPORT WILL POST AROUND 135 AM SUNDAY.

$$

DRAG

So whatever they had from last night would add to the above (plus any additional occurring now).

They at least have this RER that was posted -

SXUS71 KPHI 232147
RERABE

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
0448 PM EST SAT JAN 23 2016

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET TODAY AT ALLENTOWN PA...

A RECORD SNOWFALL OF 19.5 INCHES WAS SET AT ALLENTOWN PA TODAY. THIS
BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 7.7 SET IN 1966.

THIS AMOUNT WILL INCREASE CONSIDERABLY AND A FINAL UPDATED RECORD
EVENT REPORT WILL POST AROUND 135 AM SUNDAY.

$$

DRAG

So whatever they had from last night would add to the above (plus any additional occurring now).

They had 1.7" from yesterday, and 19.5" to 1pm.  The really heavy stuff came after 1pm lol.

Glad to see that you got out of that dry slot.

They had 1.7" from yesterday, and 19.5" to 1pm.  The really heavy stuff came after 1pm lol.

Glad to see that you got out of that dry slot.

Yup - and right back into another. :lmao:  But did get what appeared to be a couple inches of accumulation while under it.  There appears to be 2 more larger bands north of here that could pivot around possibly - if they can hold together.

Bristol Rd and Jacksonville area. Yes, just over 30". Measured in a large open field with snowboard and taking 4-5 measurements at a time and averaging them.

You're measuring the official way, that will yield higher amounts than most of us just sticking yard sticks in the ground on snow that's been compacted since the start.  I know I'd be way over 30 if I did it the official way, but I just stick the ruler (or yard stick!) in the ground as I always have :)  For instance, didn't ABE have a snow depth of 17", but a storm total of 21.7" around 1 P.M.?  (I know I read that somewhere on here)

The only thing I ever want from each winter is to at least reach my annual seasonal snow total. Anything over that is gravy.

I guess if I don't see another flake after tonight, I can't complain.  :(

Now you have to set sights on surpassing last years totals your crushing it to date

Just measured 31" here in Warminster. Still getting close to 1"/hr rates though lighter within past 5 minutes. Radar still training over the area. Band pumping in from NYC down into NJ and right into Bucks County (among other areas). Deformation band ftw!! Best storm I have personally ever witnessed eclipsing January 1996 totals where I lived at the time.

We haven't shoveled, snowplowed or even gone outside today......Tomorrow is going to be "fun" LOL

lol ... me, too. 

Today and this entire week tracking this thing has been fun. But tomorrow is going to be like waking up after a great party -- you're hungover, the place is trashed and now you gotta clean it all up.

Archived