Weathernoob335
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in that band in Abington . Probably an inch an hour rates

Yes, heavy snow right now.

Wow and thanks!  That needs to move a bit SE...lol   But I guess the little break around here is giving people time to get some snow cleared although it's blowing around so much it doesn't seem to make much difference.

My sister over in Wyndmoor reported about 17" a couple hours ago.

OMG, heaviest snow of the storm right now - and close to the heaviest I've ever seen. 100-yard visibility. Haven't measured since the 9.5" at 8:30 am, but would guess we've added at least 4" since then. Time to head back out..

So, after a quick nap and 4th round of shoveling, as of 1:00 pm we have 14.5" give or take an inch or so.  That would "only" be an average of an inch per hour since my last measurement of 9.5" at 8:30 am.  Having watched the radar pretty closely, we just haven't been under those 30+ dBZ bands for prolonged periods (just for spurts), so we haven't had 2" per hour snows for the most part.  Still thinking we make it to 20-22" if we can just sustain 1" per hour rates for 6-7 more hours.  Have some 3-4 foot drifts and bare spots.

ABE Airport:

Snowfall through 1am: 2.1"

Snowfall from 1am - 7am: 7.3"

Snowfall from 7am - 1pm: 11.8" (11.3 lowest total on board and 12.4 highest) some drifting

Total snowfall through 1pm: 21.2"

Snow depth" 17" average

Liquid equivalent: 1.46

Nice, I think ABE was down to 0 VIS last OB.

Wish I could get an official measurement here. Depth is 20, so guessing low 20s for total if I had cleared every 6.

Ugh. It's like the hills are blocking it along this ridge.  It's still snowing but lightly.  Winds are in the 15-20 mph sustained range.

It actually looks on radar like it is building back from the sw the east and the ne.  I actually finally feel optimisitic.  in 30 minutes the city should be back in it, as well as northern delaware.  fingers crossed.

It actually looks on radar like it is building back from the sw the east and the ne.  I actually finally feel optimisitic.  in 30 minutes the city should be back in it, as well as northern delaware.  fingers crossed.

It's literally running 5-10 miles or so NW of me sortof stuck in place. The whole band has to shift to the south slightly - perhaps if the low moves just a bit east.

Haddon Heights NJ-  Subsidence continues…hour 3. Wind gusts have been steady- almost feeling like outflow from the band to the west   Please send re-enforcements! (used the time to plow…) Does the I 295 corridor get back in the game? (OT- Great comment on our Governor…he must have been bullied as a child- not a likeable person…)     

ha, we are in the same boat

Been watching this band a few miles to my NW for quite a while...would really like it to start swinging south...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's because of that line in your radar image - the bottom of the heaviest band south of Norristown is probably about 5 or 7 miles NW of me. Meanwhile you can see that faded area all over the city.  :axe:

Archived