Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like you guys are doing well!  How is the wind component of this storm - similar to 2010?

This storm has been a pretty big overperformer out this way.  NAM and SREF were best models albeit still a little too wet, need another ~10" or so for the NAM to verify.  Not impossible maybe but it will be tough unless the trowal really hangs on.

Any totals in the Hatboro area so far?

according the AFD a little earlier they were talking about bumping them up out here, and the axis of banding setting up in the Reading to 78 area around midday, we'll see

Agreed. I think I read that they were waiting for the 12z nam. And the nam gave us an additional 15" or so at 12z. Or 930. Just incredible.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Heavy Snow for the first time today 1/4 mile visibility 

23F

How are you and Qtownneedssnow so far apart in your totals?? His 15" report seems more reasonable than the 8" you said you measured. Not questioning you. Just seems really different and you guys are right up the road from each other, no? Though with these bands, isolated higher amounts were certainly expected so I suppose he sat under a heavy band while you sat under it's subsidence. Regardless, alot more on the way. Radar is exploding. 

How are you and Qtownneedssnow so far apart in your totals?? His 15" report seems more reasonable than the 8" you said you measured. Not questioning you. Just seems really different and you guys are right up the road from each other, no? Though with these bands, isolated higher amounts were certainly expected so I suppose he sat under a heavy band while you sat under it's subsidence. Regardless, alot more on the way. Radar is exploding. 

I have no idea Ralph my property is surrounded by trees I can't use a snow board with this wind I have a 100-150' open area without trees I have to measure there the highest drift was 11"

Archived