Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Experiencing the dry slot here too, sort of. It let up so much it looked like it wasn't snowing, but I just went outside and it is still snowing a light steady snow.

Spent about an hour outside shoveling between 5 and 6, and yes it was awesome...although I think I'm really feeling the need for that power snooze now! Probably a good time to take it.

For a dry snow it seems relatively dense (for shoveling).

Measured in a few spots at 6 am and 11" seemed like a fair average so far.

And, it's beautiful out there!

Experiencing the dry slot here too, sort of. It let up so much it looked like it wasn't snowing, but I just went outside and it is still snowing a light steady snow.

Spent about an hour outside shoveling between 5 and 6, and yes it was awesome...although I think I'm really feeling the need for that power snooze now! Probably a good time to take it.

For a dry snow it seems relatively dense (for shoveling).

Measured in a few spots at 6 am and 11" seemed like a fair average so far.

And, it's beautiful out there!

Got sleet here Kamu about 11" here too 3ft drifts blowing across my back yard from the park next to my house rolling waves of snow drifting across the yard sleet may weigh snow down now

7am. Had 5" on the ground at midnight and now have 5.1" Temp. at or above 32 most of night. Nothing falling now. Temp. 34, DP 31, pressure 29.43 and steady, wind ENE29G68mph, has hit 68mph twice, the average wind direct over the last hour has been NE, highest 1-min. avg. 47mph 6:53-54am. I am now ready to go back to snow!

Dry slot punching North into Western Chester County area, which is ironically was the area forecast to be one of the 'jackpot zones'. Just goes to show how dynamic and quickly changing of a storm this is! Jackpot area looks to be setting up near Delco, over to Philadelphia County, Montco, Bucks....around that general area now, provided things dont change too much.

Latest HRRR insists still to add an additional 2-2.5' accumulation on top of what has already fallen in those areas.

P.S. If u do dry slot for a period you WILL fill back in later so no bust calls or jumping out of windows!

Ralph looks like dry slot missed us here in western chester....still possible we will jackpot as NWS forecasts....

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Warrington, Bucks County, PA

23.5 degrees.   Flurries.   Barometer 29.70 and falling.

An "eyeball" estimate looks like 8-9 inches.  

Looking at radar there seems to be a dry slot curving up from just north of Cape May through parts of SE NJ through the city and into a lot of Bucks and Montgomery counties.   And seeing only flurries here for the past 30 minutes would confirm that.

This may be my shot at getting out and do round 1 of snow blowing.

Winds started roaring around 2 am here and woke me up.  Winds have been pretty much sustained 20+mph with 30+mph gusts and alot of blowing and drifting of powdery snow.  The intensity has lightened up quite a bit within the past half hour and although it looks like the dry slot is still mostly south of here, I am still getting somewhat dryslotted as the heavier snow is getting eroded away as the slot pivots.  About an hour ago, it was SN+

OBS 24.8F, SN- w/fog

Looks like Cape May gets the "shaft" later today. Hope those folks planned a"head". Sorry, couldnt resist :-D

35f0aa4a4a2b3d5f2446513b636fe093.jpg

lol

Perhaps without intent but LOL none the less.

Mod snow in the Poconos. How much? Ha.....been powder most of the night and it the wind moved it everywhere. My hunch is likely 4" would be a fair guess. 1/4 mile vis

I did notice some snow stuck to Windows but very little. Temp is 17F.

I check the shore house cams and Allaire has a lot more snow....wind...and looks to be raging. Temp holding 29. Will try for some snap shots from there later. I set up a table cam but the snow covered the window. Hopefully that clears.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Warrington, Bucks County, PA

23.5 degrees. Flurries. Barometer 29.70 and falling.

An "eyeball" estimate looks like 8-9 inches.

Looking at radar there seems to be a dry slot curving up from just north of Cape May through parts of SE NJ through the city and into a lot of Bucks and Montgomery counties. And seeing only flurries here for the past 30 minutes would confirm that.

This may be my shot at getting out and do round 1 of snow blowing.

Your eyeballs may be failing you :-)

Im across town in Warminster and holding at 15" for now. Took 4 separate measurements out in the field. Tough measuring this one, I was getting blown around all over the place!

Archived