• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SkincareMumbai
    Newest Member
    SkincareMumbai
RUNNAWAYICEBERG

Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

That dry air is gonna keep fighting back...esp in pike region. So yeah, I'm not that confident for more than a couple inches of sand BOS and metrowest....but south I think will get some really good stuff for at least a few hours.

We just need a little bit of time before it rotates in

Despite little change in radar intensity (it has looked great for a while but not produced), the sky just opened up.

Heavy snow!

I guess something just changed up high that's allowing more of what the radar is showing to reach the ground.

You can see higher BOX tilts come together now. Hopefully pushes into BOS.

Most of the short term guidance really made the push around 21z. as mentioned earlier, so it's probably a good sign that some steadier snow is happening a couple hours before that...even if a bit blotchy so far. But the next 3-4 hours looks pretty good...still nervous about BOS metro and west to near ORH, but RI and SE MA looks pretty good to me.

Most of the short term guidance really made the push around 21z. as mentioned earlier, so it's probably a good sign that some steadier snow is happening a couple hours before that...even if a bit blotchy so far. But the next 3-4 hours looks pretty good...still nervous about BOS metro and west to near ORH, but RI and SE MA looks pretty good to me.

How would RI and SE MA not already look good when it's already moderately snowing there???

SE MA is golden. 

How would RI and SE MA not already look good when it's already moderately snowing there???

Because dry air can always work in and shut it down....look at the radar over BOS and metrowest...dry air invading at the moment.

Any other reports from RI??? How's everyone else around the state doing because I don't care what anyone says the snow is unimpressive here. 1" or so eyeballing it with moderate snow falling, I don't see how I even come close to the 8-12" the NWS has me down for unless it snows until tomorrow night.

30.0/28

Moderate Snow  with some grauple mixed in. 

We had small dry slot come through and the snow became light for about 20 minutes.  This latest band is moderate snow but with bursts of grauple.  

Somewhere between 5 and 6 inches has fallen so far.  Tough to measure with winds consistently gusting over 40.