Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WSW for flurries here in Enfield, LOL

Yeah, the radar returns indicate big struggle with the dry air along the MA/CT border. That was always a tough forecast but returns have sort of fallen apart rather than filling in. Hopefully Kevin squeezes out a few inches but my confidence is low for Springfield area peeps at this point.

I think we see that shortwave pinwheeling around the upper low that has been progged to back some of the goods into SNE.

Just NE of the OBX, that's what should redevelop mid level centers NE and reinvigorate the conveyors a bit.

attachicon.gifCODNEXLAB-regional-northeast.wv.20160123.1837-100-100-raw.gif

This is gonna be pretty good for SE MA. I really like the look of both water vapor and radar and the mesoanalysis

There's been a really nice area of ML frontogenesis reinvigorated right with that new lobe pinwheeling NW into the Cape/Islands and should be able to make it just a bit further NW I'd think

Jan23_MLFronto_18z.png

Higher tilts say there is no doubt the good banding makes it nw of cape/islands

This is gonna be pretty good for SE MA. I really like the look of both water vapor and radar and the mesoanalysis

There's been a really nice area of ML frontogenesis reinvigorated right with that new lobe pinwheeling NW into the Cape/Islands and should be able to make it just a bit further NW I'd think

Jan23_MLFronto_18z.png

Archived