Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30.0/28

Moderate Snow with some grauple mixed in.

We had small dry slot come through and the snow became light for about 20 minutes. This latest band is moderate snow but with bursts of grauple.

Somewhere between 5 and 6 inches has fallen so far. Tough to measure with winds consistently gusting over 40.

you bang

I'm not too worried about that...stuff like that should close up from the SE...I'm worried about the northern periphery getting chewed apart. You can see it right now in BOS...though there is going to be another push I think to get this northward over the next 2-3 hours.

Good Call on that 'hole' filling back in!  Heavy Snow and Blowing Snow.  30.1/28

Although the radar is not that impressive over SW RI - the snow intensity has greatly increased in the last 10 minutes and is heavy again with visibility under 1/4.  No longer a mix of grauple - that lasted about 10 minutes.  

Any other reports from RI??? How's everyone else around the state doing because I don't care what anyone says the snow is unimpressive here. 1" or so eyeballing it with moderate snow falling, I don't see how I even come close to the 8-12" the NWS has me down for unless it snows until tomorrow night.

It's blowing so hard here that the snow isn't accumulating this close to the water's edge. Maybe half an inch on the leeward side of the house. Not sure what's doing back further away from the edge of the bay. Winds are not as strong on the West Bay as they were earlier this afternoon either.

Archived