• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

Any other reports from RI??? How's everyone else around the state doing because I don't care what anyone says the snow is unimpressive here. 1" or so eyeballing it with moderate snow falling, I don't see how I even come close to the 8-12" the NWS has me down for unless it snows until tomorrow night.

Light to moderate snow in North Scituate since 12:00 - 12:30 PM. Impressed so far with wind and the wintry look!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any other reports from RI??? How's everyone else around the state doing because I don't care what anyone says the snow is unimpressive here. 1" or so eyeballing it with moderate snow falling, I don't see how I even come close to the 8-12" the NWS has me down for unless it snows until tomorrow night.

I think it all depends on your expectations. Based on the model output this week I figured we'd get 3-4 inches in this area, tops. So to me the storm is over performing. 

You got maybe 6-8 hours left of decent snow possible. If you get a band that's 2in/hr that's 2 right there plus maybe 4hr of 1in/hr and a couple hours of .5in/hr that's 8 including the one ya got. 

Kinda like that hole that's opening up on the radar just east of Montauk Point?  

I'm not too worried about that...stuff like that should close up from the SE...I'm worried about the northern periphery getting chewed apart. You can see it right now in BOS...though there is going to be another push I think to get this northward over the next 2-3 hours.

I'm not too worried about that...stuff like that should close up from the SE...I'm worried about the northern periphery getting chewed apart. You can see it right now in BOS...though there is going to be another push I think to get this northward over the next 2-3 hours.

I agree. That push looks imminent. Per SPC analysis the new surface low has developed SSE of CC. This one will likely predominate going forward.

Archived