Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dry air stinks. You can See it on higher tilts eating it away.

New Rap really hits you hard after about 4-5pm...it gives one final surge to this fronto lobe.

We'll have to see how it progresses...I'd def feel good south of you, but your area up to BOS and westward is the wildcard. It could be like 2-3" of sand or 6-8".

Still snowing lightly but its blowing around like crazy. Even if we only pick up 6", I would still be satisfied watching others get hammered to our south and simply appreciating the historic nature of this event. It'll be interesting to see if any oes takes place which could bump up our totals.

New Rap really hits you hard after about 4-5pm...it gives one final surge to this fronto lobe.

We'll have to see how it progresses...I'd def feel good south of you, but your area up to BOS and westward is the wildcard. It could be like 2-3" of sand or 6-8".

Yeah I saw it.  I think it moistens up eventually..but we need a good push from that CCB off Cape Cod. Windy as hell here!

Getting crushed down here. Heading out to take some pictures.

Uptons forecast for me.

This Afternoon
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Widespread blowing snow. High near 30. Wind chill values between 15 and 20. Windy, with a northeast wind around 29 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Tonight
Snow, mainly before midnight. Widespread blowing snow. Low around 21. Wind chill values between 10 and 15. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible

Yeah I saw it.  I think it moistens up eventually..but we need a good push from that CCB off Cape Cod. Windy as hell here!

That dry air is gonna keep fighting back...esp in pike region. So yeah, I'm not that confident for more than a couple inches of sand BOS and metrowest....but south I think will get some really good stuff for at least a few hours.

Archived