Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we'll learn from this for future storms.

If the mesos/NAM pull this one off, I'll throw more eggs into their basket next time.

Cautiously optimistic for 2-3" here. I've been expecting 0" since Wednesday, so even these flurries are a bonus.

Follow that Messenger advice I posted, put it in the back of your brain for the 2021 blizzard.

Looks like it and it is snowing nicely under those returns.

yeah i think it might have been Will or Scott mentioning earlier that the shorter termed rapid update models were trying to peg that region.   

seems it could get pretty fun looking out there without getting the "big snow".  i mean, really ... what are we talking about here.  a couple of inches in 22 F cold with winds frequently drilling through in 30 kt gust ... well, just say that's fine by me :) 

Haven't measured in Old Lyme but just drove back from the hospital in New London.  Far more snow in Old Lyme.  Visibility 200 yards or so right now.

First flakes were just after 7:00 a.m. and temp has held steady at 29F.  It was quite breezy for two hours prior to the snow but that has died down noticeably.  Fluffy snow coming down like crazy.  The snow hole is off to a strong start with this storm.

Light snow just started coming down here. I fear that any snow that does accumulate will be heavy and wet, at least to start. Plus, the winds are already starting to howl off the ocean. Apparently in Scituate towards lighthouse road there are waves crashing onto the road itself. I think the coastal flood threat is a particular aspect to this storm that's not getting enough attention. I guess we'll see how things pan out over the course of the next few high tide cycles.

Haven't measured in Old Lyme but just drove back from the hospital in New London. Far more snow in Old Lyme. Visibility 200 yards or so right now.

First flakes were just after 7:00 a.m. and temp has held steady at 29F. It was quite breezy for two hours prior to the snow but that has died down noticeably. Fluffy snow coming down like crazy. The snow hole is off to a strong start with this storm.

hope you are ok,congrats now go measure and report back

yeah i think it might have been Will or Scott mentioning earlier that the shorter termed rapid update models were trying to peg that region.

seems it could get pretty fun looking out there without getting the "big snow". i mean, really ... what are we talking about here. a couple of inches in 22 F cold with winds frequently drilling through in 30 kt gust ... well, just say that's fine by me :)

Yeah, considering I wasn't expecting much for the past few days it's nice to get in on the action a bit.

Archived