• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

my brother in W CNJ is ground zero. man i am so happy for him cuz hes had a rough 6yrs struggling with addiction and has come out of it strong.....he missed boxing day 2010 and the Jan 2011 systems. this is his first big one since PDII 2003. 

reporting 10" otg, hard to tell really, and just crazyiness. hahahaha i love it. 

I can relate as I had a brother with the same issues. I am sure he is enjoying it.

Look at this band heading in....

ob32.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad someone on here from southern RI - in Ashaway here.

quote name="RIcoastalWX" post="3918986" timestamp="1453553219"]

31/21

Sounds about right… I can see BI clearly from the end of my street. Not a flake here yet on the beaches in SE Westerly.

The HRRR is encouraging.

Light snow quickly picking in up in intensity now...grounds getting coated the light snow wisping around as cars drive over it.

I have to say the timing of this storm is perfect. Daytime storms are the best and starting around 7AM with the heaviest falling throughout all the daylight hours is just awesome. Jan 26 2015 blizzard ended right around daybreak Tuesday when it was supposed to snow all day...

post-12274-0-22962700-1453554139_thumb.j

Joe Furey ‏@StormFurey  4m

Storm further north today; so we've upped our snow totals last night and again this morning. Heaviest southern CT.

CZaBHo_UEAEAsdy.png

Almost identical to my map last night, I think that's very reasonable now.

The NWS got a little carried away last night with their 12-18 forecast, now down to 8-12 which is about right I think. Still 12-18 is not out of the question we would need some 2-3"/hr rates this afternoon. At about an inch per hour average all day the cut off is right around a foot.

Got a bad feeling about this one. BID still smoking Virga and its already 8am. précis expected to be over with around midnight.... Thought this supposed to be a long lasting storm. Now we get 12 hours?

Starting to get that feeling here too...was snowing pretty good, now just flurries, looking at the radar it seems like it just keeps drying up. So much moisture just to the south, one would think it would win over at some point.

Archived