• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

Honestly, my neighborhood is still kind of a mess irt kids getting to school. Bus stops still have plow piles of snow between the sidewalk and street. We shoveled ours out but I drove the route yesterday and most were still a mess.

I still can't park on my street because it's not wide enough. I have 3 cars so I block the sidewalk every morning and so do a lot of other homes around the neighborhood. I'm actually looking forward to a big melt so I can park on the street again and stop doing the car shuffle in the driveway.

The Thaw is in progress. Shovel the remaining snow in the road or on the yard. If you choose to shovel the snowpiles onto the street, stomp em so the snow is spread out. Overnight lows are in the 40s. Its going to RAIN tomorrow. This warmup will solve the snow problem inside of 48 hours, even in NW MD.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Kids can congregate down the street if there are snow piles at the bus stop. Besides, are the piles going to be gone two hours later?

2) It's easy enough to shovel a parking space in front of the house, and if parents are so concerned about their kids standing at a snowy bus stop, then they can band together and shovel it out in a matter of 10-15 minutes.

Oh, I know the problem is easily solved. Just saying tomorrow is going to be messy for walkers and riders. If school opened 2 hours early I would push my kids right out the door and tell them to deal with it

As far as shoveling my parking spot goes...screw that. My side is plowed to the curb. It's the other side of the street that covers half a lane. I'm done shoveling and I'm definitely not moving that pile. It can melt.

Oh, I know the problem is easily solved. Just saying tomorrow is going to be messy for walkers and riders. If school opened 2 hours early I would push my kids right out the door and tell them to deal with it

As far as shoveling my parking spot goes...screw that. My side is plowed to the curb. It's the other side of the street that covers half a lane. I'm done shoveling and I'm definitely not moving that pile. It can melt.

One thing that hurt here last week was the fact that navigating busses through neighborhoods was very difficult because of a turning radius.

But Mattie is right. Conditions 2 hours later won't be any better.

One thing that hurt here last week was the fact that navigating busses through neighborhoods was very difficult because of a turning radius.

But Mattie is right. Conditions 2 hours later won't be any better.

In my town growing up parents would have volunteered to help drive kids to school or drop them off at a place where the bus could navigate. We never would have canceled school for an entire week.

Got a lot of grass showing now on south-facing slopes and exposed yard. Up in the woods there's still a solid 5".

I can't believe some people are still tracking snow lol. I love snow as much as the next guy, but last week burned me out big time. Despite my complaining about the storm, I'm happy we now have had 3 above-average snowfall winters in a row. That's the first time since the 60's at BWI, right?

I haven't been following all that much, but I'll slowly get back into it. This seems to be the type of pattern where something pops on short notice, so that'll be exciting.

Code for I wish this was a better pattern.

Archived