• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

Not a frequent poster, but I feel compelled to let everyone here know how much I have enjoyed the past week.  My excitement for the next 36 hours is a personal thing, but the enthusiasm, knowledge, and sense of community on this board over the past several days is very much a group dynamic.  And one for which we should all be very proud.  I'm not much of a cyber/virtual reality guy, but I can't thank all of you enough for what you add here.  Nothing more to add.  Let it snow friends.  

Seconded, Ive been following you guys since the 2009-10 winter and while I generally avoid posting and have lost the info to like 3 accounts at this point  between the old forum and the new one reading this forum is one of my favorite things to do before any major weather event. The information you guys have provided over the years has been absolutely indispensable.  While I can't contribute in the way of meteorological analysis, I will be sure to take plenty of pictures for the picture thread with my fancy new camera. Drunk meteorologists are the best meteorologists!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had an Oban's 14 y.o. straight up.  It was nice sipping and watching the snow.  Crazy week.  I don't want to stress about how much snow I am getting.  As long as I can enjoy it in good health.  That's enough.  Have all the outside lighting on.  It's beautiful.

Super post! Cheers! Hope you get 3' plus.

Seconded, Ive been following you guys since the 2009-10 winter and while I generally avoid posting and have lost the info to like 3 accounts at this point  between the old forum and the new one reading this forum is one of my favorite things to do before any major weather event. The information you guys have provided over the years has been absolutely indispensable.  While I can't contribute in the way of meteorological analysis, I will be sure to take plenty of pictures for the picture thread with my fancy new camera. Drunk meteorologists are the best meteorologists!

Thirded, we discovered this place at the same time and it's an invaluable resource.  

Is anyone who's watching ABC7 seeing the idiot who keeps measuring snow piled up on the side of the street by plows?

"ZOMG there's 15" on the side of the road!!!!"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nah I'm making the most of my time drinking and playing video games :D 

Ppl are seriously sad for DT? Sarcasm right?

Honestly, the way he portrays himself on the board is a bit over the top.  It must be an act.  Or not.  If you are a regular joe trying to learn about the weather, most often he is not your guy.  Obviously he is very RIC-centric - which can be grating to some folks here. I can't say I am sad.  It is simply mother nature doing her thing.

Honestly, the way he portrays himself on the board is a bit over the top.  It must be an act.  Or not.  If you are a regular joe trying to learn about the weather, most often he is not your guy.  Obviously he is very RIC-centric - which can be grating to some folks here. I can't say I am sad.  It is simply mother nature doing her thing.

Richmond (especially south of the city) is truly a hellish place to be a snow lover. Far enough north for the models to tease you constantly with snowstorms and the notion that you might be on par with DC, but ultimately too far south to really cash in with DC and doomed to turn to sleet and rain and watch DC (which is often a hellish snow hole itself) enjoy a big storm. I have long said they need to be in a separate forum or aligned with the SE forum. I know the averages, but when Richmond gets a good snow it often means DC is fringed and usually when DC gets a big snow it means RIC is slop or rain. At least in RDU they know most of the time they aren't getting snow and the models set that tone early on. RIC is teased a lot.

Archived