Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sref mean snowfall for DC jumped to over 20 inches. Not sure what the panic is about except that ppl just don't want to share the snow love with some neighboring northern cities.

There's a guy named Neff in the model thread stirring up a bunch of the guys in there. Claims to work in MD but his tag says he lives in PA. This is why we don't want to share.

Edit: see he's been here too.

You came into the forum and claimed the SREF shifted the jackpot from the MA into PA...

Bob said he wasn't concerned unless there was a twist. There seemed to be a twist, and I was hoping for some decent discussion about it. Instead, I was told to GTFO, even though I have legitimate reason for wanting to discuss the potential cause of and potential implications of the change in guidance.

Sure, the SREF may be unreliable. But there is another variable: new data from soundings. I'm certainly not a met, but from a scientific standpoint, when there are two variables, you can't just throw one out because "oh, well that's always this way."

Didn't know that discussing a model, however reliable it may be, in the model thread was against the rules.

And mappy, GFY

Don't play dumb. It was the way you presented it. Now you are pretending to just be an interested weenie. Posting a precip panel that cuts off half the storm with an uh oh north trend?? tagline was just troll bait.

Don't play dumb. It was the way you presented it. Now you are pretending to just be an interested weenie. Posting a precip panel that cuts off half the storm with an uh oh north trend?? tagline was just troll bait.

Dude, gfy. I have no interest in trolling.

I know this may be a silly question, but does anyone know where I can grab the actual audio file/clip for EAS warnings for certain counties in Virginia? You know, those creepy broadcasts that interrupt the radio or television and read out weather bulletins?

That would be pretty cool, actually.

Archived