Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may explain something:

OFFICIAL DCA SNOW RULER (never before published diagram)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

08 [] 09 [] 10 [] 11 [] .. 12 .. [] <<<< 13 >>>> [] == == == == == 14 == == == == == [] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 15 XXXX

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

compare to OFFICIAL NEW YORK (CENTRAL PARK) SNOW RULER

09 [] 10 [] 11 [] 12 [] 13 [] 15 [] 19 [] 27 [] 39 [] 1888 []

DC needs a new NWS station..maybe in the National Mall or Rock Creek park...KIAD needs to be moved to McLean or something

DCA is fine so we have climate history, however, we need a new station in the city to be the official station. The zoo is a great spot. Obviously DCA records will continue to be maintained, but it won't be the official station for Washington.

This may explain something:

OFFICIAL DCA SNOW RULER (never before published diagram)

08 [] 09 [] 10 [] 11 [] .. 12 .. [] <<<< 13 >>>> [] == == == == == 14 == == == == == [] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 15 XXXX

compare to OFFICIAL NEW YORK (CENTRAL PARK) SNOW RULER

09 [] 10 [] 11 [] 12 [] 13 [] 15 [] 19 [] 27 [] 39 [] 1888 []

LMAO

it's time for you to head back your own forum. 

It's time for you to stop being such a drag every single time you post. Your miserable posts just reek of negativity and I'm pretty sure everyone is tired of reading them.

WeatherFan202, it's a pleasure to have you in our forum. The rest of us welcome you with open arms!

Ah the memories. Ended up being right but the topic locked anyway. http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/47625-jan-21-23-storm/#entry3856998

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:54 PM- This threat has shown up a good amount of times and has EPS support so I thought it would be time to make a thread. This is my first time making a thread. Hopefully it doesn't end badly.   :)

Posting my question on the below here instead of in the obs thread... 

I am so enthusiastic for the models again, that I have decided to read all of the four storm tracking threads for the storm, from beginning to end.

Beginning with:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/47658-january-22-23-mid-atlantic-storm-thread-1-no-banter/

Wondering when the earliest post about this storm took place. There was a d10 threat being thrown around a lot around Jan. 12... was there anything earlier?

Someone needs to write up a research piece that analyzes the relationship between the warmer GOA water, the abnormal warm waters of the GoMex and W. Atlantic, the very strong El Nino, the Nino's effect on the subtropical jet and how those factors influence atmospheric physics and the development of one of these exceptional storms.

I'm sure someone here could phrase the above a hell of a lot better than I can, but I think most here get my drift.

I really enjoy reading those types of pdf's. Sort of like a whitepaper on meteorology.

Thanks in advance.

I never thought anything would top 96. I live 6 miles wsw of Newcumberland Right on the Cumberland York county  border. I measured no less than 28" .  2016 is the new undisputed champ in my back yard. 93 is still my favorite for its amount of Thunder snow. Awesome Winter storm Memory for My 10 year old boy and I.

Archived