Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot wait to get a good night sleep tonight. Haven't had a normal one in forever. I'm so tired I feel drunk. But that could be the beers I just drank.

So nice to not "have" to stay up for the euro. Well, unless I start thinking about the d5 low probability miller A...nah

Thank you Bob.  We all have benefitted immensely from your posts and firm stand when things seemed not to go our way.  Post storm thread should be interesting and I look forward to it.  Cheers.

Got my first flakes speech all ready for my wife and daughter (yes, I can be a pompous git...); we missed 09-10 so this will be our biggest even if it underperforms:

In 1772, while these were still the American Colonies, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, living about 100 miles apart, both kept diaries. And in their diaries, that winter, both write of a vast snowstorm, greater than any seen in living memory. Washington describes snow up to the chest of his horses; Jefferson relates how he had to abandon his carriage and make his way at night in the furious storm to get home.

For many years, weather historians (there are such things!) have wondered whether Washington and Jefferson's accounts could be accurate. Can this region really see a blizzard that drops three feet of snow beyond the mountains? Can the climate support it? Even the greatest storms on record have dropped only about 21 inches in Richmond, and 28 inches in Washington, almost 100 years ago.

In the next 36 hours, we will find out. We still don't know if this storm will rival the Washington-Jefferson storm, or even if it will capture the modern records;- but it could. But for now, let's watch these first flakes fall, and enjoy a weekend that only nature can grant, and even then, rarely.

This worked out well, btw.

im so damn tired.   If the Federal/DC Gov't is open on Monday, I'm gonna be draggin' ass that whole day.

I think you have a good shot to be off that day. If not, take Monday off and get recharged.. I'm feeling that way, hungry and ready to watch some movies tonight.. Always sucks when the party is about over. Up here in South Jersey and seeing the bands starting to weaken, so for me its wrap.

I'll say one thing, trying to keep up reading all the posts, the model data and all the tweeter feeds leading up the event was unreal and now, I think all of are like, time for rest.. 

Archived