SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know what everyone is drinking. What is everyone burning (for heat)? Got my pellet stove cranked up.

Oak Red Cherry and Poplar spears. I have a shallow fireplace and very angled forward back wall, which outputs a lot of heat.  I love it.

Otherwise, gas 90/10 furnace. When it snows, the fire is always going.

Richmond got fooked.

Rinse and repeat.   Has been getting worked over and missed by every major storm sense 05.   :P     Sure some were a bit better than others, but no official records in any snow storms.  Last official snow storm to break 12" was in 83 I believe.  Not even 96.. do to stupid official measurement. 

Not all of us... I've also been matching my drinks with water and I just had a tall frosty Rockstar.  I'm not missing the best part of a once every 5-10 yr storm :)

My boyfriend has gotten sick tonight so he's snoring in bed and I'm still up for the long haul.  That, or he was tired of me talking about deformation bands  :snowing:

They think we're crazy....but it's them, not us.   ;)

I told him about this storm 5 days ago when the GFS refused to budge (obviously said that there was a large chance of changes since we were still 5 days out at the time).  He told me I was crazy (he's from Tennessee, so I dunno how he think's I'm crazy).

Today, he trolled me because it was initially forecasted to start early Friday.  I cannot win lol.

I told him about this storm 5 days ago when the GFS refused to budge (obviously said that there was a large chance of changes since we were still 5 days out at the time).  He told me I was crazy (he's from Tennessee, so I dunno how he think's I'm crazy).

Today, he trolled me because it was initially forecasted to start early Friday.  I cannot win lol.

Yea... my wife is up, but doesn't get why I'm so giddy.  She prob assumes I'll be going to bed soon like a normal person... 

boy, is she wrong...

I've been out walking and relishing in the storm for the last hour. Glad to see that the diehards are still up to have a drink with. It's awesome out there!

Dude.. this is what we live for, isn't it?  Anyone who doesn't plan to stay up all night on a Friday night for the biggest storm in over 5 years doesn't belong on this forum imo.  I may not have the knowledge, but I certainly have the the love of the storm.

Dude.. this is what we live for, isn't it?  Anyone who doesn't plan to stay up all night on a Friday night for the biggest storm in over 5 years doesn't belong on this forum imo.  I may not have the knowledge, but I certainly have the the love of the storm.

No doubt. I'm going for an Irish coffee next so I'm wide awake for the incoming shellacking.

He's missing out on this white out right now...take solace in that. :)

I predicted 24-30" for DC to my team at work...even if we get 23.9", I'll never live it down, ha.

How do I post images?

First you need to upload the image from your computer to a server. You can either do so at a site like Imgur.com or by directly attaching the image to your post. If you use Imgur, once the image has uploaded, they should provide you with a direct link. Copy that direct link, and then in your post, hit the little image icon (between the link icon and the <:> button), and paste in your link location.

Good luck!

Archived