Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both do indeed sound pretty damn tasty.

I've got a coffee porter that just got really good...think I'll have to pour one a bit. I wish I'd planned ahead and had supplies for a brew day tomorrow...would be fun to do a blizzard batch.

That sounds like an awesome beer for a snow day. Drool...

Next up for me is a Kölsch - probably brew it late next week. But a blizzard brewday would be pretty sweet!

Who brews that? Or homebrew? Man I love me some hops!

Hah. Just saw the answer on the previous page. I work (part time) for a new Farmhouse Brewery in Walkersville, MD (Barnwerk Brewing). Hope we will be open soon. Got a test batch of Cream Ale here for chugging this weekend.

Nice! Good luck!

This beer is quite fruity - a little citrus, but more passion fruit-type flavor and aroma. I don't get the grape-like tendencies from Nelson that others seem to get, but it does have some citrus and tropical aspects to it. I'd be happy to pass along the recipe if you're interested. :lol:

Ha, I remember you from these boards during our craziness last year :). Meant that DC/Baltimore could break the Boston all-time record with this storm (27.5"). 

Looks like y'all could get more than previously expected too, though? At least in SNE?

Haha, I see now. Yeah, that's a definite possibility. Logan's records are of kind of a joke. I'm expecting more regression to the mean here, but certainly enjoying this vicariously through our MA brethren.

That sounds like an awesome beer for a snow day. Drool...

Next up for me is a Kölsch - probably brew it late next week. But a blizzard brewday would be pretty sweet!

I haven't tried brewing a Kölsch yet, good luck! And, maybe we'll get lucky and have a chance for another blizzard brewday at some point this winter. Fingers crossed!

Nice! Good luck!

This beer is quite fruity - a little citrus, but more passion fruit-type flavor and aroma. I don't get the grape-like tendencies from Nelson that others seem to get, but it does have some citrus and tropical aspects to it. I'd be happy to pass along the recipe if you're interested. :lol:

I would love the recipe!  Please send my way if you could.  I was thinking your hops plus mosaic would be a super tropical hop bomb.  Mmmmmmm beer...

Who brews that?  Or homebrew?  Man I love me some hops!

Hah.  Just saw the answer on the previous page.  I work (part time) for a new Farmhouse Brewery in Walkersville, MD  (Barnwerk Brewing).  Hope we will be open soon.  Got a test batch of Cream Ale here for chugging this weekend.  

I homebrew, though I don't have an all grain setup yet.  I finished off a keg of some Rye IPA that I made with chinook and centennial hops during the Skins playoff run. 

Since apparently this is the theme of the thread:

Southerntier Mix-12-pack - Gemini, Unearthly, 2x IPA

Southerntier 2x stout

Lagnunias Brown Shugga

Flying Dog Smoked Belgian Stout

Unibrue La Fin du Monde

That smoked stout is intense!  Love it.  About to kick off with a 22oz of Lagunitas Bitter Oats.  Hearing great things, not had yet though.

Archived