Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

--Fresh battery with backup charged, and lenses chosen for the ol' Rebel t2i...check

--Phone charging...check

--Wine ready...check

--Beer ready (Beck's for the BECS!)...check

--Helluvagood and chips ready for troffin'...check

--Laphroaig single malt and Drambuie...check

--Brussels sprouts...check

--Shovel and yardstick out for duty...check

--Brush and ice scraper set...check

--Extra batteries on hand...check

--Dried/canned food ready in case of inevitable power outage...check

That mostly covers it.  But there's just something odd about this list...hmmm...wait a minute!  How the hell did brussels sprouts get in there?  :lmao:

It was a big bag of Wtf. He's a normal dude too. I think there was more snow on the driveway after he shoveled than when he started. Lol

OMG. It must be a fetish. My neighbor across the street will be out eleventy-billion times working the shovel until late Sunday for sure. I expect to be awakened half a dozen times during the night hearing the scrape of a shovel on the driveway

I wanted to toss my appreciation in with the rest of those thanking those who contribute to the value of this forum. I don't post often, as you can see by my post count, but have been here since that "other" forum went bust. I am not a met, or student, but I have learned a ton from you all. Thanks!

And as a side note, you have to try the Brussels sprouts at Graffiatos. They use pancetta, maple, yogurt and egg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup! I also have a brown ale brewed with white pine tips in case I want to change things up, but this IPA is phenomenal, if I do say so myself! :lol:

Seems we've got a bunch of homebrewers on here!

Both do indeed sound pretty damn tasty.

I've got a coffee porter that just got really good...think I'll have to pour one a bit. I wish I'd planned ahead and had supplies for a brew day tomorrow...would be fun to do a blizzard batch.

When I lived at my parent's house during PDII our one neighbor was like some of the people you all mention- dude was out every hour shoveling! The next morning his driveway was spotless, down to the asphalt. He'd do this for every storm. He was a Marine though so it was like some kind of mission to him  :D - very nice guy though.

First beer of the storm just cracked: Nelson Sauvin/Galaxy/Centennial IPA.

Who brews that?  Or homebrew?  Man I love me some hops!

Hah.  Just saw the answer on the previous page.  I work (part time) for a new Farmhouse Brewery in Walkersville, MD  (Barnwerk Brewing).  Hope we will be open soon.  Got a test batch of Cream Ale here for chugging this weekend.  

0.1" in the first hour.  These rates suck.  Cutting back expectations to 2-4", jackpots to 6". 

If you drink a Blizzard of Hops, rates tend to pick up.  I think that's what's holding us back here.   ;)  I have some in the fridge too. Might pull the trigger sooner rather than later.  

Archived