Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is that something you need to do with older systems? Haven't heard anything about that before. 

I'm on well water, so if the power goes out our pump stops working. one flush and whatever water is in the toilet is gone and won't be refilled. filling the tub allows you to take a cup of water from it and put into the toilet when you need to flush. 

KT - 

Measure at least 15 times every measurement and spread it around looking for good places. Start with the snowboard and branch out.  I would use mode...So if your measurements are 10,10,8,10,14,12,10,10,7....You'd use 10 instead of averaging...That's my advice...

thank you, matt! 

I'm on well water, so if the power goes out our pump stops working. one flush and whatever water is in the toilet is gone and won't be refilled. filling the tub allows you to take a cup of water from it and put into the toilet when you need to flush.

thank you, matt!

Absolutely MG. Well users def need to half fill one tub.

Absolutely MG. Well users def need to half fill one tub.

yup.. i remember during the ice storm in feb 2014, when the power went out the first time and came back on, the first thing i did was fill the tub. we will make sure things are on charge and all that too, but yeah the water in the tub is a must. 

I posted this in the other thread. Posting here in hopes they will see it. I think it's important.

While we have a lull, I want to give a shout out to Matt and Bob. Phenomenal guys, top notch performance throughout the week.

No doubt. They have had great analysis throughout the week. Yoda of course was on his game as well. Awesome subforum.

Jealous in snow-less Texas. I have been following this storm like it was happening to me....absolutely amazing. You guys in the MA get screwed over so often, so I am very happy for you all and am looking forward to seeing all the photos and reports! The most snow I have ever seen is a foot a couple times growing up in Kansas. I can't fathom what two or three feet would do to an area not used to it. Congrats on this epic storm. Going to be awesome to watch unfold. Love east coast cities. If only housing costs were lower!

Folks, we are very lucky to be alive to experience a storm like this. There's nothing much I can say but take it all in...enjoy the atmospheric and meteorological beauty of this storm. I don't think we'll be seeing something like this again for quite some time.

Just got back in from a quick growler fill. This might be shocking to some of you, but it's quite cold outside, and there are snowflakes falling from the sky.

My growler has a 64oz mark at the top of the main compartment, and then there's a wide neck that extends up another 3-4 inches. Most places don't notice the 64oz mark and just fill it to the brim...always nice getting a few extra ounces of beer.

Archived