Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That high wind warning has me a bit worried. 18-24" of snow with 65 MPH gusts is unreal, and incredibly dangerous.

yup. going to be filling up the tub tonight before bed so we have some water to flush toilets should we lose power. have plenty of bottled water to drink, plenty of food that doesn't need to be cooked and layers can be put on. but dammit, when i gotta go.. i gotta go ;)

yup. going to be filling up the tub tonight before bed so we have some water to flush toilets should we lose power. have plenty of bottled water to drink, plenty of food that doesn't need to be cooked and layers can be put on. but dammit, when i gotta go.. i gotta go ;)

is that something you need to do with older systems? Haven't heard anything about that before. 

Heh, when I test fired my generator last night it was running terrible. Just got finished taking apart and cleaning the carb and new plug. When I put it all back together I was kinda nervous...3 pulls to prime the fuel bowl and roared to life. Runs like new. Best of all...by doing this I guaranteed my power won't even go out. 

Anyway, everything is good. Hopefully everyone gets blasted. I have a better chance or losing power here than hitting the 20" mark. We lose power very easily in this area. But in the 16 years I've lived here I never lost power during a snowstorm. Fingers cvrossed :/

I have lived in Herndon for 23 years. Only storms not to lose power was blizzard '96 and PDII. The past 10 years seem to lose power with any time of major storm.

I was wondering about doing that. But I'm on city water, not a well. Does that make a difference?

Also, realized the HVAC unit is in a corner on the NE side of house. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I presume the unit will need to be cleared, if snow drifts into/around it.

That high wind warning has me a bit worried. 18-24" of snow with 65 MPH gusts is unreal, and incredibly dangerous.

Don't worry guys caviman2201 said we'll be just fine! We all need to stop whining like babies amirite?

Archived