Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which storm is this? the 2013 clownfish one?

And what accounts for the sudden increase in accumulation? Is it b/c the deform band passes through or is it just a lengthened time interval between frames?

It's my in house model doing a futurecast of my back yard...lol

Just a random gif I found. Have no idea where it's from. 

Bristsnow is ready as well

I've already got a handle on how this area does during thunderstorms and it's like night and day from Leesburg. I'm no fool in thinking I will do better or even the same as Leesburg but I'm really interested in seeing how this storm performs compared to Leesburg....will deform bands love Nokesville? Is there a fringe element? Will I mix? So glad my first snow here is a bomb...have fun everyone...another once in a lifetime storm is on our doorstep :)

Trying to guage our level of concern about dryslotting in DC/BWI.  EURO definitely punches that dryslot up through DCA and BWI during the best deformation hours.   The NAM just seems to be too far north with the deformation in general and not really a problem of dryslotting, seems like it's going to bust hard here.  HI-RES NAM has us flirting with the dryslot but not too bad.  RGEM/GFS no dryslot. Anyone have a report oh how UKIE/GGEM looked?    

Euro was a Worst case for us and we still get 20'....RGEM is showing it too to a lesser extent....I do think we'll have a Quasi- lull/dryslot period in DC,  but it will fill in and eventually we'll get banded again...There may be a meh period tomorrow morning, but shouldnt be too long and we'll already have like 15" on the ground anyway

Archived