joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also - I award the weenies in this forum an F for spending days worrying over mixing when it was the old mortal enemy dry slot that should have been where days of hand-wringing was directed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're going to wish they were mixing when it's spitting snow flurries DCA-BWI for 10 straight hours and pouring dendrites everywhere else.  

If DC dry slots all day tomorrow after like 25 consecutive GFS runs without a dry slot it's going to be forever tainted for me.

I'm just assuming everything within ~50 miles of the Bay south of Baltimore is going to slot for at least a little while. Might as well set myself up for surprise rather than disappointment, you know?

Ava Marie is still showing it this morning. Including its massive dry slot and sleet mixing as far west as Mt. Airy.

She said they were going with higher end totals but then said only 1' in Annapolis. That is like 10 minutes down the road from me. My bulletin from NWS now says accumulations 2ft or more.

I'm just assuming everything within ~50 miles of the Bay south of Baltimore is going to slot for at least a little while. Might as well set myself up for surprise rather than disappointment, you know?

Yeah I'm prepared for a short dry slot but the Euro scenario would suck big time, the best snow would be done by daylight. I want to enjoy a full day of awesomeness tomorrow.

Trying to guage our level of concern about dryslotting in DC/BWI. EURO definitely punches that dryslot up through DCA and BWI during the best deformation hours. The NAM just seems to be too far north with the deformation in general and not really a problem of dryslotting, seems like it's going to bust hard here. HI-RES NAM has us flirting with the dryslot but not too bad. RGEM/GFS no dryslot. Anyone have a report oh how UKIE/GGEM looked?

Well Wes said on the radio show that he wasn't concerned about a dry slot. He said he doesn't think it would even make it up to him and if it did that it would be brief and go back south.

Matt, you need to clear your inbox... So here is what I tried to send to you hehe

Morning! Thanks for mentioning me last night and my measuring abilities :)

So, advice on proper measuring this weekend? My board usually sits on my deck, for easier measuring on my part, but with the wind I'm sure that will be dumb as the house will definitely skew totals. Should I put it out in the middle of the yard?

Not going to be able to measure all night long, and may miss the first 6-hour clear depending on when it starts, I just can't do an all nighter...my kid won't be kind to me on Saturday if I did haha.

Let me know your suggestions...appreciate them.

Katie

I"m not sure how I'm going to get an accurate measurement either with all the blowing and drifting, and cause its such a long event. My snow board is usually in an open spot in the middle of my backyard.

Just woke up to see that NASA Goddard is sticking with yesterday's plan to operate under a normal schedule today without even an option for unscheduled telework. That's a bold move given the OPM guidance and forecasts for snow in the immediate area by 1ish now. 

Granted people who need to stay home will get approval anyway, but I don't get it. They've got 10,000 employees who live all over the place, most out of the county I assume.

Regardless, we're out of model-hugging time and it's time to watch the radar and count down. Gonna be a sleepless night for myself, and probably for a lot of others here. Enjoy everyone!

Just woke up to see that NASA Goddard is sticking with yesterday's plan to operate under a normal schedule today without even an option for unscheduled telework. That's a bold move given the OPM guidance and forecasts for snow in the immediate area by 1ish now. 

Granted people who need to stay home will get approval anyway, but I don't get it. They've got 10,000 employees who live all over the place, most out of the county I assume.

Regardless, we're out of model-hugging time and it's time to watch the radar and count down. Gonna be a sleepless night for myself, and probably for a lot of others here. Enjoy everyone!

NASA knows that the space program is bunk and satellites aren't real. They need all those people to come and continue to draw pretty storm picture. Plus, we all know they control the weather, so they need to make sure the weather generator keeps running lest we all get disappointed.

Those are the only two logical reason for countering OPM that I can think of.

Archived