Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an outsider coming in and attacking a tight-knit group of people who have poured a week into this storm is really tacky and frankly conceited as hell....and he does it in a model thread as the euro isn't working....what an a-sshole....thankfully he has the mods to protect him....He has NO clue about the dynamic here.....Go lecture someone else....what a buffoon....

Just ignore those posts, don't leave over that. Y'all enjoy the impending monster!

Don't see why people get upset over other's high expectations. 20" is a six year event (just guesstimating), 30"+ is a 200 year event. You can hardly compare them. One is something you remember for a few years until the next one comes along, the other is an event you tell your grandchildren about.

Totally agree. I will never ever forget 96.

I think so. Just have to see where the banding sets up.

For those that haven't done so yet, here is the snow contest thread.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/47696-snowfall-contest-january-22-24-snow-event/page-2?

Oh yeah, I knew that...could be higher whoever is under the band. Saw the GFS runs and llololololololol, so much digital snow

Matt, you need to clear your inbox... So here is what I tried to send to you hehe

Morning! Thanks for mentioning me last night and my measuring abilities :)

So, advice on proper measuring this weekend? My board usually sits on my deck, for easier measuring on my part, but with the wind I'm sure that will be dumb as the house will definitely skew totals. Should I put it out in the middle of the yard?

Not going to be able to measure all night long, and may miss the first 6-hour clear depending on when it starts, I just can't do an all nighter...my kid won't be kind to me on Saturday if I did haha.

Let me know your suggestions...appreciate them.

Katie

Trying to guage our level of concern about dryslotting in DC/BWI.  EURO definitely punches that dryslot up through DCA and BWI during the best deformation hours.   The NAM just seems to be too far north with the deformation in general and not really a problem of dryslotting, seems like it's going to bust hard here.  HI-RES NAM has us flirting with the dryslot but not too bad.  RGEM/GFS no dryslot. Anyone have a report oh how UKIE/GGEM looked?    

Archived