Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be a Debbie downer, but I just wanted to say:

I posted in the storm thread telling all to be safe, and thank you for model breakdown, etc. and that the EURO would wrap things up for us tonight.

Not only does my post get removed for the thread, it gets deleted in its entirety.

I'm sorry but whatever mod did that, you may have to power to do that. But you do not have the right to do that.

My comment (albeit heart felt, sorry) did have some model reference and did further and flow with the discussion. Furthermore, the comment right above mine was talking about reminiscing with another poster about the 2010 storm. That is banter. And that comment was not removed.

So, I just wanted to say as someone who probably understands weather better than the average person and is fairly intelligent and could learn more about weather from this site, I am truly disappointed that I couldn't even get started posting. We're all having a fun night and to be honest that was uncalled for.

Mods: limiting free speech (especially the kind that is coherent and on topic) is wrong. No other way to slice it. It's wrong and counterproductive to the mission of this website and the purpose it serves.

8FxEa.gif

Hey Wxtrix,

Thanks for the clarification on banter. How about you go read the entire last page of the storm thread.

Thanks.

I like it here, but I learned a long time ago that there are different standards for the forum regulars than for those who only pop in when the weather's interesting.  The mods will delete your posts without warning - especially in storm mode - when they deem that both a.) it is banter and b.) you are not in the clique.  It is what it is.  

I like it here, but I learned a long time ago that there are different standards for the forum regulars than for those who only pop in when the weather's interesting.  The mods will delete your posts without warning - especially in storm mode - when they deem that both a.) it is banter and b.) you are not in the clique.  It is what it is.  

This x100.

My way of making sure I don't make any of the mods mad: I only post in banter.

I like it here, but I learned a long time ago that there are different standards for the forum regulars than for those who only pop in when the weather's interesting. The mods will delete your posts without warning - especially in storm mode - when they deem that both a.) it is banter and b.) you are not in the clique. It is what it is.

I don't always delete posts, but if I did, id respond to the crying with this:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Did you order the code red?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My way of making sure I don't make any of the mods mad: I only post in banter.

Same... or i just don't post.  thats how I have been here for 5+ yrs and have <1000 posts.  If you do the math on some of these people's numbers, its crazy.  Nearly 15 posts/day for over 5 years straight. lol

It's more fun to read the insider banter between the 10,000 post club members and the mets' analysis in the model/disco forum anyway.

Archived