SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't disagree. If the more skillful guidance begins to move in the direction of the NAM, then confidence in such an outcome would increase.

I dunno Don. Regionals have pretty good skill at this time horizon in the region they're tuned to. The globals are clearly in a separate camp but that's not necessarily a "skill" difference.

I don't disagree. If the more skillful guidance begins to move in the direction of the NAM, then confidence in such an outcome would increase.

At least, if gfs shows another move north, would lead to idea that, ultimate solution might not be as extreme as nam, but something inbetween.

I dunno Don. Regionals have pretty good skill at this time horizon in the region they're tuned to. The globals are clearly in a separate camp but that's not necessarily a "skill" difference.

You might well be right. If tomorrow's 12z runs and subsequent runs continue to show the same solution, especially if the other guidance moves into closer agreement, that would be a pretty strong argument for a bigger event. That the 18z GFS had a nice increase in QPF and the more stable components of the SREFS also showed an increase in QPF is encouraging.

You might well be right. We're still about 54-60 hours from the onset of the event here, so I think there's some basis for caution. If tomorrow's 12z runs and subsequent runs continue to show the same solution, especially if the other guidance moves into closer agreement, that would be a pretty strong argument for a bigger event. That the 18z GFS had a nice increase in QPF and the more stable components of the SREFS also showed an increase in QPF is encouraging.

Not to nitpick, but many of us are engulfed in snow in 36 hrs

Archived