• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

The opposite happened last year and they rode it hard. I would hate to be responsible for forecasting these things.

But a lot of those members you call more realistic and similar to the global models have ZERO precip into NYC. None of the globals show that.

Do you mean 2001?

There are actually a few Euro EPS members that have close to no precipitation in New York. Ultimately I think both the ARW and NMMB runs of the SREF are hyper over and under aggressive, and don't seem well tuned to be used together in an ensemble. That's why I'm not a fan of SREF guidance in general, and the latest simulation exemplifies these problems. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are actually a few Euro EPS members that have close to no precipitation in New York. Ultimately I think both the ARW and NMMB runs of the SREF are hyper over and under aggressive, and don't seem well tuned to be used together in an ensemble. That's why I'm not a fan of SREF guidance in general, and the latest simulation exemplifies these problems.

Thanks Phil for taking the time to explain this stuff, good discussion w you and Don.

THE 00Z NAM BEGAN AND IS RUNNING ON TIME WITH 13 ALASKAN...30

CANADIAN...70 CONUS...AND 1 MEXICAN RAOB REPORTS AVAILABLE FOR

INGEST. NO CARIBBEAN RAOB REPORTS WERE RECEIVED FOR THE NAM.

7 WINTER STORM RECON DROPSONDES IN THE GULF OF MEXICO WERE

RECEIVED FOR THE 00Z NAM.

So it did ingest the data?

Archived