SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to share my excitement also. I have always had a childish excitement for major winter storms and people always look at me weird when I describe what I see in the models, and give my Zaccurate Zaccuweather forecast to my best friends/family. It's nice to see such a forum filled with excited amateurs and professionals alike. I'm near Miller Place so I understand i'm on the northern tier of the 18+" but we'll see how it goes -- all depends on where the banding sets up. Crossing my fingers for 18", knowing 12" is a guarantee, and seeing 24"++ as a real possibility. 

Lets do this!

I'm really tired, should I wait for that line or go to sleep?

Sleep? What does that mean on a historic night! And thats after 3 hours sleep last night! 

I am so curious to see where these mesoscale bands set up shop tomorrow. I wonder if they sit over one area, or move randomly. 

I know everything looks great on the globals and short-term models, as well as the evolution of the storm so far, but until I have a foot of snow and it looks pretty clear I'll get another 3-5" after that, I'm not counting this as a "win" or saying some specific model or models busted. Call me skeptical, but the storm just started and will still likely have some surprises for us.  Have 3" here in the Edison area, as of 3:00 am.  Just got in from my first shoveling - it's gorgeous out there folks - don't forget to go outside and enjoy it!

Archived