joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something to ponder.....Since 18z yesterday, the NAM, though more intense, has tightened up and shifted the heavy band south. Areas that were in the 20"+ area are now barely 4 or 5".....Good news is that we are closer to the event. But as Lake Effect King said, there IS going to be some REAL disappointment for someone

Something to ponder.....Since 18z yesterday, the NAM, though more intense, has tightened up and shifted the heavy band south. Areas that were in the 20"+ area are now barely 4 or 5".....Good news is that we are closer to the event. But as Lake Effect King said, there IS going to be some REAL disappointment for someone

Everyone south of I-287 should receive at least a foot. Not really a disappointment.

Last post of the night here. While I wouldn't necessarily focus on the amounts, the hi-res models are entering the time frame where they will do better with timing and location of mesoscale banding. In that respect the HRRR and RAP are the real deal to me, though the 23Z RAP might have some convective issues given those extreme amounts. Winds being what they are forecast to be, looks like instant blizzard by 9-10 AM Saturday morning for NYC/LI if not a little sooner...

Get a good nights sleep, drink plenty of coffee and enjoy the wild ride at work!

Looks like we are standing down the barrel of a gun. For once things trend better and better for us. I am starting to get worried about power outages at home in coastal wantagh. I only had water in the street during sandy so that's not a concern but 3-4" hour wet snow can easily down trees and power lines even without 60mph winds. This ones looking like a feb 78 coastal impact wise. If I lived in day Freeport I would move my car now!!!

Archived