joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd imagine that the NWS OKX is going to convert those watches to warnings at least for the southern 1/2 of the counties the northern portion might just be advisories. Gonna cut it really close with the 12Z guidance.

NYC has been under a blizzard warning since 7AM.

NYC has been under a blizzard warning since 7AM.

I didn't say NYC I meant the watches that were currently up for LHV and CT under OKXs control. The southern 1/2 of those counties to be converted to warnings and northern 1/2 to advisories.

Can u post when done plz

yes.

What times do the RPM models come out?

It runs every 3 hours. As soon as a run is finished to 72 hours the next one starts almost right away. 18Z running now...21Z is next.

I'd probably go 12-18" at this point for the city, points west and Long Island too. Trends so far have all been positive. Isolated 20" where bands can sit around. I think the widespread 20"+ will still be southwest of you, but we'll see how things shape up overnight. Maybe I-84 can catch 3-5" if a band gets lucky enough to reach that far, but it's still looking like a sharp gradient.

I didn't say NYC I meant the watches that were currently up for LHV and CT under OKXs control. The southern 1/2 of those counties to be converted to warnings and northern 1/2 to advisories.

yes.

It runs every 3 hours. As soon as a run is finished to 72 hours the next one starts almost right away. 18Z running now...21Z is next.

Na I am pretty sure that at least Rockland and Northern Westchester and parts of southern CT will be changed to a warning.

I'd probably go 12-18" at this point for the city, points west and Long Island too. Trends so far have all been positive. Isolated 20" where bands can sit around. I think the widespread 20"+ will still be southwest of you, but we'll see how things shape up overnight. Maybe I-84 can catch 3-5" if a band gets lucky enough to reach that far, but it's still looking like a sharp gradient.

hey so you feeling my thinking of 6-12 along the 287 corridor in NY is a good call at this point??

1/21 12z Suite QPF Summary

NYC / NJ (i78 - i-195)

SREF: 1.50 - 2.20

NAM: 2.95 -3.15

GFS: 1.15 - 2.00

RGEM: 0.55 - 1.40

GEFS: 1.15 - 2.05

GGEM: 1.20 - 2.05

GGEM Ensembles: 1.15 - 2.05

UKMET: 0.80 - 2.15

ECM: 1.15 -  2.150

Love this feature you do, thanks!  I modify it a little (I convert to snow in inches at 10:1 and I usually take out the ensembles, as I try to simplify things for non-enthusiasts) and use it in my weather emails and posts on non-weather boards/FB, where I've somehow become a weather source for many.  As I said the other day, I wish we had a pinned thread for just this - actually it would be cool to be able to go to one source for a spreadsheet with QPF/snowfall ranges for each model in each suite and for that spreadsheet to have clickable links to the snowfall/precip maps for each model run.  Maybe when I retire, lol.  

Archived