SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

decent ice here - trees crackling as well. looks like ended up with about .25" or so of ice. its has  now changed to snow here so am guessing the freezing rain is over.  coming down at a pretty good clip.  winds dont seem as strong as they were earlier though. so far so good on power though lol

Temp 28.2! Took along time, but wedge doing work! Not much moisture left , but flizzle and occasional sleet pellet! Nothing about the radar over GA or AL has me excited

the band coming through in ne ga now is snow

Been a sleet-o-Rama here near uptown CLT, for a few hours now. Sidewalks and streets are very very sugary. Was quite easy to walk on....spent a few hours at the neighborhood Irish pub.

Got the hurricane box out of,the basement a few hours ago, which seems to have successfully held off the ZR.

2-3 ish inches of concrete here in Burlington, stiill sleeting on and off.

Unless thus deform band is something else, this storm is pretty damn disappointing.  Got too excited when all the models were in agreement, thought we had our historic storm...

This is not a deformation band. It's just a band of precipitation associated with the upper low. Not every band of precip on the back side of a surface LP is a deformation band.

Been a sleet-o-Rama here near uptown CLT, for a few hours now. Sidewalks and streets are very very sugary. Was quite easy to walk on....spent a few hours at the neighborhood Irish pub.

Got the hurricane box out of,the basement a few hours ago, which seems to have successfully held off the ZR.

Irish pub is a great idea.  I have a growler full of 20 year storm from Clipper City :santa:

Just got back in from shoveling the driveway.  What a cool experience.  The sleet is absolutely hammering right now and it's so loud out there.  It was coming down in sheets!  From the time I started at the top to the time I finished at the bottom, the top had accumulated probably close to a half-inch again, so it is coming down amazingly.

Sure, I wish it was snow, but this is pretty cool, too!  We must have 3-4" out there, making this the biggest sleetstorm I'd ever had.  Tony would love this!

Archived