Light sleet starting back up after a lull

Ventured out during the lull and the roads are a mess

About 2.5 to 3 inches of snow/sleet.

23 degrees

Light sleet starting back up after a lull

Ventured out during the lull and the roads are a mess

About 2.5 to 3 inches of snow/sleet.

23 degrees

I was wondering how much we had on the ground.  It doesn't seem like as much as it is because of how the sleet falls in between the grass blades, haha.  Sleet is so hard to measure.  Now the coastal is cranking, so let the games begin.  Even if it's all sleet, we should have some fun!

Where did you hear those reports?  Haven't seen any flakes yet but we're down to 30 here in F. Branch.

Watching 2 and 5 and they are saying people are reporting snow mixing in

Surprised that you haven't changed over to snow yet......we're getting pounded with heave sleet/rain/snow mix here.......too bad were not just a degree or two cooler, we'd have picked up at least 2 inches in the last hour with some of the heavier banding, but just too dang warm.

ironically i wasnt really supposed to change over until after yall,  sometime this afternoon/evening, as the better forcing moves through.   its actually fine with me, i am one of the weird ones who likes all winter wx including freezing rain.  if the power goes out (its blinked a few times) just have some drinks, listen to music and use my phone lol

still hoping to get a changeover and see snow on ice, its usually the other way around here

Pine branches are snapping off right and left all over the neighborhood. 90' pines and ice don't mix. Heating dinner now while we still have power. Almost 75K w/o power now.

32/28 nothing falling atm.  Lights keep flickering.....uh-oh. About .3" accretion, and that's enough, thank you. Wind NE @ 10mph. Tree tops sound like old bones clacking together. Looks like @/or above freezing surface temps across the Sandhills. 

Do folks still have a lot of above ground lines? Where i am everything is buried up to the substation.

My neighborhood has the lines buried. Problem is all the feeder neighborhoods doesn't.