• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

Snow is sticking to elevated surfaces in Ladson/Summerville. Bonus.

That is awesome!! :wub: 

Nice ending overnight for this storm. Ended up with close to 3" on top of .5" sleet. Overall gsp was pretty dang good on their forecast as usual. Their 4-6 range is not far from my house...10 min. I knew we'd be on the line. Honestly the backside working out for once saved us last night. So def not a bust here. Now on to Fla to catch some bass!

Glad you ended up with a few inches! Have fun in fishing in Florida!  :hug: 

I actually have a little dusting imby  :lol:  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First flakes on James Island. Pretty much the entire Charleston region experiencing flurries. Now back to sleep, then enjoying the rest of my birthday!

Nice little birthday present and Happy Birthday man. On my way to work in the snow. Snow is accumulating on elevated surfaces and coming down decwnt enough to see some on the grass

I just measure 2 1/4 inches of snow on top of 1/2 inch of sleet at my house. This storm really finished strong here!

I bet someone in eastern PIckens County/Western Greenville county has gotten over 6 inches of snow starting last night. Anybody got a report from that area?

At the house in Easley there looked to be about 3 or 4 inches of snow on top of the mess from yesterday around 6am. At work on the western side of Greenville now and looks to be about 5 to 6 inches more here with light to at times moderate snow still falling.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I just measure 2 1/4 inches of snow on top of 1/2 inch of sleet at my house. This storm really finished strong here!

I bet someone in eastern PIckens County/Western Greenville county has gotten over 6 inches of snow starting last night. Anybody got a report from that area?

My parents live just north of Powdersville near the 153/123 interchange. I'll check in with them to see how much they got. Hard to tell but it's looks like I got a little over three inches (possibly four) of snow here it seems like.

snowing lightly here, coating pretty much all of our sleet.  hrrr looks amazing as it has returns building thru the day.

hrrr_2016012311_ref_raleigh.gif

It's done well so far! Let's see if it can keep its streak up. 

Snowing here, definitely accumulated some- probably a bit more than 0.5". It's also snowing even when we aren't under any radar returns, which is interesting to note.

Easley checking in with ~5" (depending on where I measured).  Still coming down, so a chance at 6 depending on how those bands hold up.

Does anyone have any idea of the conditions along Yates Mill Road, both power and roadwise? We're on track to be discharged today, and I'm not thrilled at the prospect of trying to drive a newborn home. Best part is our house at the bottom of curved hill (one way), or a very steep straight hill, at the bottom of which is a ravine.

I know there were outages further down Yates Mill from Tryon on the outage map, but I have no idea how comprehensive the map is.

Nice ending overnight for this storm. Ended up with close to 3" on top of .5" sleet. Overall gsp was pretty dang good on their forecast as usual. Their 4-6 range is not far from my house...10 min. I knew we'd be on the line. Honestly the backside working out for once saved us last night. So def not a bust here. Now on to Fla to catch some bass!

Huge ovation for GSP NWS, they did a fantastic job throughout this storm. Those guys are great st what they do and deserve the praise publicly!

Does anyone have any idea of the conditions along Yates Mill Road, both power and roadwise? We're on track to be discharged today, and I'm not thrilled at the prospect of trying to drive a newborn home. Best part is our house at the bottom of curved hill (one way), or a very steep straight hill, at the bottom of which is a ravine.

I know there were outages further down Yates Mill from Tryon on the outage map, but I have no idea how comprehensive the map is.

not sure about the power but try http://www.wral.com/traffic/ and check the cameras near your location, should give you a good idea.  roads here are rough though, refroze and a coating of snow on top.  feels like concrete.  good luck to you and hope you guys get home safe!

Archived