• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

LOL that's the only reason I shovel and I go toward shadey side of driveway so it will hang around longer.

We have a north-facing driveway on a slight hill, so it takes forever to melt if it isn't shoveled.  I like to do it in the storm to give me a reason to be out in the snow/sleet/whatever, though.  :snowing:

And, yeah, I take longer doing it because I try to make huge snow piles, haha.  I love to see how long they last.

Pushing 12 inches here in McDowell (Western Foothills) still moderate snow. Some places in the county are at 16 inches.

Nice!  Glad to see someone got those double digit totals!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly don't have any amazing accumulations to report, but I'm probably one of the few posters who saw a drop of 30° and is now experiencing snow flurries! I was at 69° earlier this afternoon...I'm now reporting light snow flurries and 39° here in central Georgia.

Congratulations! Glad to see some central Georgians see some flakes.

We have a north-facing driveway on a slight hill, so it takes forever to melt if it isn't shoveled.  I like to do it in the storm to give me a reason to be out in the snow/sleet/whatever, though.  :snowing:

And, yeah, I take longer doing it because I try to make huge snow piles, haha.  I love to see how long they last.

Nice!  Glad to see someone got those double digit totals!

i do (and did) the same thing ... My dad said earlier that i would have sleet until April because of how i had it piled up :)

I certainly don't have any amazing accumulations to report, but I'm probably one of the few posters who saw a drop of 30° and is now experiencing snow flurries! I was at 69° earlier this afternoon...I'm now reporting light snow flurries and 39° here in central Georgia.

YES!!  Snowflakes flying in Perry?

very lgt snow cranking up again with that slow moving last band out of the mountains. 24.5 warmest I've been all day

How much snow have you had so far. We are setting at 6in which includes some sleet to. The line of thunderstorms really cut into out forecasted total.

How much snow have you had so far. We are setting at 6in which includes some sleet to. The line of thunderstorms really cut into out forecasted total.

It was between 7-8 measured few different spots. Just started snowing lgt to almost mod here now..... If it had stayed all snow we would have had 12-14 inches easy. I bet I got 3 inches of sleet.... I said last night when I seen them storms fire along the gulf we would get robbed, happens every time storms fire down there....  I like a good overrunning event seems to work best for a good snow.... 

EDIT: snowing pretty good clip right now, just took a look.... may get another 1/2 inch out of it?

I have to say that while NW Raleigh sleetfest 2016 has been kind of a bust I am really happy for the posters in SC and GA who are getting nice returns. I feel like ever since I've been on the boards when those of us in NC have done well fellow posters south of the border got stuck with cold rain so they were definitely due! ☃

Archived