joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am seriously so over sleet right now. I don't know how much we've gotten, at least 2" I would think, with only about 30 minutes of snow mixed in. Is one inch of snow too much to ask? Sleet is just annoying. All our kiddos want to do is build a snowman. Their sleetman didn't come together so well today. More sleet and zr in NW Raleigh now

I am seriously so over sleet right now. I don't know how much we've gotten, at least 2" I would think, with only about 30 minutes of snow mixed in. Is one inch of snow too much to ask? Sleet is just annoying. All our kiddos want to do is build a snowman. Their sleetman didn't come together so well today. More sleet and zr in NW Raleigh now . The wind is rough too!

2" of sleet is like 4-6" of snow. But it's compacted, so it'll take longer to melt.

2" of sleet is like 4-6" of snow. But it's compacted, so it'll take longer to melt.

Yeah, we've got to have around 4" of sleet here, and I expect it's going to stick around for days, especially with tomorrow and Sunday looking pretty cold (though Sunday will be sunny, so that will help the melting).

I made some huge sleet piles when I was shoveling the driveway earlier that should be around for weeks.

I certainly don't have any amazing accumulations to report, but I'm probably one of the few posters who saw a drop of 30° who is now experiencing snow flurries! I was at 69° earlier this afternoon...I'm now reporting light snow flurries and 39° here in central Georgia.

Yeah, we've got to have around 4" of sleet here, and I expect it's going to stick around for days, especially with tomorrow and Sunday looking pretty cold (though Sunday will be sunny, so that will help the melting).

I made some huge sleet piles when I was shoveling the driveway earlier that should be around for weeks.

LOL that's the only reason I shovel and I go toward shadey side of driveway so it will hang around longer.

It is frustrating seeing folks to the south getting snow while we get sleet and freezing rain.

I only picked up an inch last hour! Temp 28

Went out with a bang! Nice having cold temps and snow! Stuck immediately to all surfaces, including roads! Did have a base coating of sleet!

Nice sledding and walk around the neighborhood with my son!

Archived