joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reporting from Clayton, NC. One half of town has power, luckily that's the half with food. I'm a half mile from hospital with no power. Transformers popping in every direction. Utilities crews working down the street so that's a good sign.

No precipitation but still just at the freezing line. Would love to see some snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reporting from Clayton, NC. One half of town has power, luckily that's the half with food. I'm a half mile from hospital with no power. Transformers popping in every direction. Utilities crews working down the street so that's a good sign.

No precipitation but still just at the freezing line. Would love to see some snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to live 2 miles from HWY 42 hospital. Hope y'all are hanging in there!

Have had light snow off and on here NE of hickory. Prob got 4.5 inches. Euro still shows a solid 2 or 3 more possible tonight/tomorrow. I think as the 850 low revs up over eastern NC tonight we will see a band develop over NC. Sleet strikes again as far as totals, but I figured as much. Still surprised we didn't get up towards the 10inch range. I really thought that was our low range in this particular situation. 

Have had light snow off and on here NE of hickory. Prob got 4.5 inches. Euro still shows a solid 2 or 3 more possible tonight/tomorrow. I think as the 850 low revs up over eastern NC tonight we will see a band develop over NC. Sleet strikes again, but I figured as much. Still surprised we didn't get up towards the 10inch range. I really though that was our low range in this particular situation. 

I thought about that also. Wonder where that band will setup, im thinking piedmont. What do you think? 

Have had light snow off and on here NE of hickory. Prob got 4.5 inches. Euro still shows a solid 2 or 3 more possible tonight/tomorrow. I think as the 850 low revs up over eastern NC tonight we will see a band develop over NC. Sleet strikes again, but I figured as much. Still surprised we didn't get up towards the 10inch range. I really though that was our low range in this particular situation.

Same here. My snow board stopped being useful once we switched to sleet. It just bounced right off and failed to accumulate. 4.5 is my best guess too based on multiple measurements on my elevated deck. Radar looks promising for more a little later.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Archived