Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised that you haven't changed over to snow yet......we're getting pounded with heave sleet/rain/snow mix here.......too bad were not just a degree or two cooler, we'd have picked up at least 2 inches in the last hour with some of the heavier banding, but just too dang warm.

ironically i wasnt really supposed to change over until after yall,  sometime this afternoon/evening, as the better forcing moves through.   its actually fine with me, i am one of the weird ones who likes all winter wx including freezing rain.  if the power goes out (its blinked a few times) just have some drinks, listen to music and use my phone lol

still hoping to get a changeover and see snow on ice, its usually the other way around here

woo hoo to all the sleet and snow reports....i am so glad so many of us are getting hit today!!!!

its awesome

Down to 30/28 in Gainesville, Ga.  Moderate Sleet/Freezing Rain mix.  Just spoke to a Gainesville police officer who said that from the Hall county line north the roads are a wreck....they're responding to multiple accidents due to icing county wide.

yes i am north of there and its really really icy and still pouring down lol

Watching 2 and 5 and they are saying people are reporting snow mixing in

cant wait - the winds are starting to howl yikes. so whats going on up the road in clayton? yall back to snow yet?

Pine branches are snapping off right and left all over the neighborhood. 90' pines and ice don't mix. Heating dinner now while we still have power. Almost 75K w/o power now.

ditto - cooking now.  the winds are really picking up.  freezing rain and sleet still coming down.  trees are really bending over

Finally some dam SNOW!

yay!!!!!  glad you got some finall

i am squeezed between east and west lol

Archived