SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost looks like a squall line coming through north central Georgia. Anybody have obs underneath it? I hoping that will hold together through the upstate. It's looking really impressive at the moment.

I am under that now. I am just south of the Mall of GA near Buford. It has snow mixed in it. I am at 32.7F It is almost all moderate rain though, just a few flakes.

I can corroborate. Temp at 30.5.

He just now tweeted again

This could be the type of night you go out this evening and see blue flashes from transformers blowing up. Was like that in Feb 96 ice storm

How do you measure ice anyway? Do you take a ruler like you do snow? At least that is how I do it. Does't seem there is an accurate way to measure ice.

After some pretty bright skies for a while they have darkened and lowered considerably the last 20 minutes. Winds are also starting to howl a bit. Take with a grain of salt but the latest HRRR drops another 1" of qpf on the CLT metro area.... believe it when I see it but it is nice to hope for

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZWVeFjUEAAJZVh.png

Nice haul and well-deserved! Also looking at that big nasty band pivoting around southeast of ATL -- looks like it's taking dead aim!

6" Snow and sleet. Measured close to 4 inches this morning of snow. Banding in the foothills is producing sleet and snow currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived