SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sweet! me too lol. its really icy here - temp holding at 30. the forecast for mby was updated - ironically shows what you and a lot of others here have been saying for ne ga haha .3-.5 ice and 2-4"

glad you went to clayton!!!!!!

radar certainly is looking decent...a semi-continuous stream heading right towards us lol i am like almost due south of where you are

You know I think this is the first time ever you are south of me...I like it LOL. Seriously I've always been jealous just how different and better your weather often is in the winter,..so after all this time it seems really strange to be north of you lol.

I don't get the chance to do it often and although time restraints kept me from going further north where they will get more, if gsp's 8 to 12 verifies I'd be happy lol

Currently a lull in precip so its back to mostly sleet. Hrrr showed convective activity this afternoon developing and there is some near atlanta...hoping to see some impressive rates later if we can manage to get it.

Edit..actually back to 50 % snow

You know I think this is the first time ever you are south of me...I like it LOL seriously I've always been jelious just how different and better your weather often is in the winter,..so after all this time it seems really strange to be north of you lol

I don't get the chance to do it often and although time restraints kept me from going further north where they will get a lot more, if gsp 6 to 10 verifies I'd be happy lol

Currently a lull in precip so its back to mostly sleet. Hrrr showed convective activity this afternoon developing and there is some near atlanta...hoping to see some impressive rates later

i know right? lol  -  amazing the difference what, 25-50 miles and a little elevation does in ne ga isnt it

been going to sleet periodically with the freezing rain - fingers crossed we get some snow at some point too, then will have had all three types of mixed precip haha

Well, I wasted 1.81 inches of precip as rain, but it has finally turned to sleet here and the temp has dropped to 31. Oddly enough, the radar looks great for another 1/2 inch of liquid. I can't help but wonder what if we had a colder airmass to work with???

There's always next week! :)

Sleet coating the grass now!

Well, I wasted 1.81 inches of precip as rain, but it has finally turned to sleet here and the temp has dropped to 31. Oddly enough, the radar looks great for another 1/2 inch of liquid. I can't help but wonder what if we had a colder airmass to work with???

Interesting.  The Clemson webcams have shown snow for about an hour, and it's starting to stick to the ground and roads there. 

Archived