Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm near Wade Hampton Blvd in Taylors. We have about 1-2 inches of snow/ice and it is really coming down now. Wind is picking up...probably the worse conditions yet.

Speaking of winds...they are gusting near 40mph in gainesville..not like that here though except on ridge tops. Hopefully areas hit by freezing rain the hardest won't get that but it was quite windy coming up here where there had been more freezing rain

Same here in downtown clayton. Was mostly freezing rain and sleet for about 2 hours but back to snow and sleet when it picks up...with a temp around 29 or 30. Got about 3 inches but supposedly there is twice that a few miles to the north.

you in clayton in rabun couty eh?  nice on the snow!  quite a bit  of freezing rain here at 30.  i figured clayton would be getting snow today while i was in the ice lol

edited to add: sleet mixing in, heard it on the skylight and went out to check.  freezing rain/sleet mix here now

I have nothing to complain about. This is performing very closely to forecasts here. About 2" of snow before 6:00 AM and has been IP/ZR since around 8:30 AM. Power is starting to flicker which sucks, but was expected. 

I have no problem believing another quick round of snow will cap it later today. For me personally, and my area, local mets called it well.

Archived