joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just switched back to snow and sleet after over 4 hours of freezing rain here in Easley. Temp 32 and wind howling. Precip blossoming over GA. Hopefully this is the transition back to all frozen and away from the freezing rain. Lots of reports of power outages in the last hour.

Thanks for the report - so, in Easley? What specific area of the Upstate is reporting power outages? Mack are you OK?

Thanks for the report - so, in Easley? What specific area of the Upstate is reporting power outages? Mack are you OK?

Yep, just having a mental breakdown because of this bust! Just had two big wind gusts atleast 50 mph+! Temp slowly drifting down 32.5! Precip filling in and looks light to moderate over GA, that will be best for ZR accrual! Could get nasty later

Just switched back to snow and sleet after over 4 hours of freezing rain here in Easley. Temp 32 and wind howling. Precip blossoming over GA. Hopefully this is the transition back to all frozen and away from the freezing rain. Lots of reports of power outages in the last hour.

Same here in downtown clayton. Was mostly freezing rain and sleet for about 2 hours but back to snow and sleet when it picks up...with a temp around 29 or 30. Got about 3 inches but supposedly there is twice that a few miles to the north.

RAH:

AS OF 1035 AM THURSDAY...

...WINTER STORM WARNING CONTINUES ACROSS CENTRAL NC...

...GUIDANCE/TRENDS INDICATE WARMER AIR IN THE MID LEVELS WILL LESSEN

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS BUT WILL STILL YIELD SIGNIFICANT FREEZING RAIN

ACCUMULATIONS...

...CONVECTION UPSTREAM ACROSS THE GULF POSSIBLY DISRUPTING MOISTURE

TRANSPORT WHICH COULD LOWER LIQUID EQUIVALENT AMOUNTS...

where in Greenville are you located? I apologize if I've asked this before - I can't keep up with all the Greenville posters!

I'm near Wade Hampton Blvd in Taylors. We have about 1-2 inches of snow/ice and it is really coming down now. Wind is picking up...probably the worse conditions yet.

Archived