joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting

Ian

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did a walk up to the hill to the end of my street. Top of the hill was nasty. Ripping snow and wind. Yellow band is legit +1.

6" at 10:20

RGEM was another first degree felony snow assault subject to capital punishment if convicted

Do you think the RGEM is fo' realz? 

It's ridiculously pretty out there - I am the happiest 24 year old weather nut over here right now. Apparently I have some friends that are driving around :P

While radar returns do indicate incoming heavy snow, I'm also wondering if this storm will last as long as advertised. I assume the storm will crawl or just drift off of the VA capes which will add to the duration of the event. By the looks of radar, southern central VA to Charleston is about done to these inexperienced eyes.

Just had a quick siesta in the recliner and woke up to some heavy, heavy snow in Herndon, VA.  Went out to check and I swear we just picked up another inch from the last time I checked 45 min ago.  We're over 6" now to my untrained measurements. 

I can confirm it is ripping right now 2" per hour is conservative estimate. Wind picking up as well blowing snow...

First time poster here. In Leesburg.

Is it fair to say the jackpot has shifted east, or still too soon to tell? Looks like the RGEM certainly shows that, as well as current radar. Getting a bit concern that those of us N&W might miss out. 

Too soon. My bad.

eta: I think both scenarios are possible.

Archived