joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting

Ian

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, timing looks to have sped up some, which I think many expected. I'm working until it starts snowing in Baltimore city. Then heading home.

Yep, looking at the cameras in Roanoke, been snowing about 20 minutes now, a good 2 hours ahead of what NWS was predicting. Snow was about 1 1/2 hours early arriving in Blacksburg too. So I'd speed up whatever NWS up that way calling a good 1-2 hours.

Yep, looking at the cameras in Roanoke, been snowing about 20 minutes now, a good 2 hours ahead of what NWS was predicting. Snow was about 1 1/2 hours early arriving in Blacksburg too. So I'd speed up whatever NWS up that way calling a good 1-2 hours.

Cool, thanks. That helps.

No problem, stay safe! Thinking this may catch a few off guard if it continues at this pace, didn't the Gov't go for 1/2 day thinking snow would be later in afternoon?

In DC, not Feds. MD just gave liberal leave for all state employees. I can leave the office whenever I want, so not worried

No problem, stay safe! Thinking this may catch a few off guard if it continues at this pace, didn't the Gov't go for 1/2 day thinking snow would be later in afternoon?

There's a blizzard warning starting at 3pm and that's been on all the overhead road signs.  If you're caught off guard, you deserve it.

Mainly reports of sleet and zr in NC. Radar loop is inaccurate irt ptype

From a line from Raleigh to Charlotte more reports of sleet/zr with mix of snow coming in. West of this line is seeing more snow, I am just south of Winston Salem & Greensboro. All snow for me but we are in a lull right now that you can see on the radar. Don't know if this is short lived or a trend. Someone here said the low was transferring to the coast and would fill back in later. Good luck to MA. Will enjoy seeing your reports and pics/movies later on!

Archived