Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well nice bust here in KDAN at midnight last night call was for 12 on Friday and 5-8 on Friday night per. TWC we had snow until two then sleet fest for the reminder. A nice 6 inch storm over. Maybe next time

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

No, I thought you were kidding. Why on Earth would you travel up the TN Valley in a Miller B storm? That valley funnels the WAA right up past Knoxville into extreme SW VA (Bristol area).

basically because I wanted to be somewhere that I thought would see a decent snow but not a snow that would leave me stranded in a hotel for a week.

I hope you like the name because you can only change it once.

:lmao:  :lmao:

God...this place came apart today. 

Asheville would've been suitable.  Just pick a hotel near an interstate and you could be on your merry way tomorrow morning.

Yeah...lee side enhancement and whatnot. AVL was hammered pretty well today.

The TN Valley is the worst place to be during a Miller B or hybrid of nearly any sort. Hell, portions are dry-slotted even in a Miller A. 

Jeez I turn my head for an hour and look outside and there is a beautiful coat of snow on the ground and plenty still falling. It's finally snowing! From what I've heard on this forum, we (in Southern Greenville County) got EXACTLY what was in the forecast. Rain, then ice, then snow on top of it all. Beautiful white gold.

still waiting on radar to blossom, some said when that coastal took over radar was going fill in and go nuts!!!   I'm going say it one more time. coastal's are no good this far west............ 

It did blossom, but that was more in the 6-9 PM timeframe.  Really pounded here, not sure about over that way.  Heaviest sleet I've ever seen.

It did blossom, but that was more in the 6-9 PM timeframe.  Really pounded here, not sure about over that way.  Heaviest sleet I've ever seen.

I had heavy sleet, but not from that band you had, then switch over to snow right after dark probably got another inch..... I hate to hear coastal lows. Never benefit's us back here... I bet I had 3 inches of sleet today. total of 7-8 inches snow/sleet.....

Archived