joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the NAM is... a bit warmer - for us anyway. 

Yep this is quickly becoming a non event for most of SC, at least early on. 33-34 in the GSP metro through at least 10 am and GSP says that model is verifying best with temps right now. Freezing line into GSP just as precip is pulling out.  

All that model watching for nothing! Congrats , I just got NAM'd! But wait , a high of 50 is nothing to worry about!? I just talked to them on the phone, they said no worried, it's as expected! Whoopsie

I thought about this today - sunny skies, temps in the upper 40's - no clouds - very nice January day - would this mean more ice and less sleet/snow for the Upstate?

El Niño has given every system to date this year plenty of moisture to work with. I'd be concerned about WAA turning snow to sleet. The closer to that line the more I'd worry.

We will see a bunch of waa no doubt. I'm more worried though that it turns it to zr. I'll take sleet over zr. If the slp stays south and off the coast, I think we will see more sleet than zr. And I hope thats not just wishful thinking.

Archived