Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because we are Columbia. Lol. Seriously though,they updated not too long ago. They really don't know what to think just yet.

Because WIS  just said no big deal with ice here in the midlands, that it all stays well north of us.  According to them all we we get are wrap around snow showers.  Yes it is WIS and their so accurate meteorologist.    I'm afraid by underplaying the potential serious nature of the storm a lot of people are going to be caught off guard.  There has to be a way to not hype but to inform of possibilities. 

It is already warm.

Our people down in Charlotte are reporting 50 degrees.

Would feel a lot better if it were 28 out with a dewpoint of 12, which we usually see just before many of our great Carolina Piedmont Snow Storms.

Let's hope the models finally have it right for once.   Too late to back down now !

This is a lot more borderline out of the mountains and immediate foothills than many will admit.

We have even been pushing into the 40s in the NW Mountains and Grandfather Mountain summit has spent a lot of the afternoon at 30 degrees.

Because WIS just said no big deal with ice here in the midlands, that it all stays well north of us. According to them all we we get are wrap around snow showers. Yes it is WIS and their so accurate meteorologist. I'm afraid by underplaying the potential serious nature of the storm a lot of people are going to be caught off guard. There has to be a way to not hype but to inform of possibilities.

When it comes to weather around here, I always pay attention to what Jim Gandy says on WLTX. I trust his years of extensive knowledge more than any other met here. Unfortunately, I think he is in Colorado for a conference.

I heard this system was WAY south and will exit at Miami then travel NE as a Hurricane but suddenly turn west once past Conn. and hit Boston as an extratropical storm with 8 feet of snow and 100mph winds, honest!!! We just got issued a flash flood watch for heavy rains with 1" hail all the way from Boone to Brick's house

Archived