joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm Obs 1/22-23

Mr Bob

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That dry slot keeps hanging on...starting to wonder if it will fill in at all before the low shifts on out??

This is beginning to remind me of a storm in the early 2000s (PD II, I think). Dry slot murdered totals through the day but the area was smacked by wraparound for a solid 12 hours. Dynamically, I know this is very different.

Officially up to a foot now.

Edit. I have a round glass table outside that I've always used to measure my snow. Not sure if this is the best way but 12 inches is what the tape measure is going down to in the middle of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where does this storm fit in terms of the record books there?  A foot is hefty, man.  Great score!

Officially up to a foot now.b0e53728077c8c4f427f9b36fbbac318.jpg

Edit. I have a round glass table outside that I've always used to measure my snow. Not sure if this is the best way but 12 inches is what the tape measure is going down to in the middle of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome man,i heard you guys were raking it in

Temps have been dropping after going up to 36 briefly. 34 now. Humidity rising from 70% to 80%. Getting snow light snow/flurries now. Less breaks in the clouds now.

Whatever the result of this storm, going to be a mess tomorrow. Especially with the wet ground, roads, slush, and previous snowpack freezing up and additional accumulations.

EDIT: Fat flakes now at 33.

As of early this morning LeConte was at 13 inches with "screaming" winds and knee high drifts. Sadly the observer was leaving the mountain for a trail race in Huntsville. Not sure if there will be any obs coming from there until he returns on Monday.

That would be one helluva scary hike down.  I've been in the wilderness during a wind advisory and it was one of the scariest experiences I've ever had.  Trees cracking and breaking all around... ugh.

This probably belongs in banter, but I'm posting here because I think it will be seen by more people. My father in law owns a commercial landscaping company here in Madison. We are responsible for putting down ice melt at all of the Red Stone Bank Branches. We are trying to decide if we should go ahead and head out or wait. Any opinions are appreciated!

This probably belongs in banter, but I'm posting here because I think it will be seen by more people. My father in law owns a commercial landscaping company here in Madison. We are responsible for putting down ice melt at all of the Red Stone Bank Branches. We are trying to decide if we should go ahead and head out or wait. Any opinions are appreciated!

I'd say if they want their parking lots clear first thing in the morning you should.  It's going to get well down into the 20s there tonight. Adding salt to the water on the parking lot should keep it from turning into an ice rink overnight. It also may snow an inch or two there once it goes below freezing.

Hate that we are quickly losing daylight.  Definitely rain mixed with snow here, but won't be able to enjoy the show as much with the loss of daylight. 

Well to be fair, we got our daytime snow earlier in the week.  :)  I plan on spending plenty of time outside tonight under my deck with a beer in one hand and an LED flashlight in the other.

:guitar:

Archived